IGNORED

Mary Anne Hobbs

Guest hahathhat

I like her. That kind of chatter reminds me of the old-school DJ's of radio's past.

I was actually originally gonna do stuff like that for our podcast but eventually decided against it.

"Now......from the most extraordinary...amazing.....brilliant producer Benga comes another smashing....fantastic....unbelievable....fierce...devastatin

g....heavenly track. Let's have a listen"

lolol..

Guest hahathhat
She thought 'Seaweed' was called "Gonk Roughage" and 'Growls Garden', "Garden Growls". I mean wtf, frankly.

yes, i noticed the seaweed misnomer. and i was all excited to hear a better-quality version of gonk roughage...

just seemed like the level of hate was disproportionate to the situation, and i wondered if some shit had gone down or someth. u noe my friend?

Guest Dirty Protest

Its funny watching the end of her sets. Loads of mdma addled bearded fuckwits, shambling towards her like Romero extras.

Guest analogue wings
Its funny watching the end of her sets. Loads of mdma addled bearded fuckwits, shambling towards her like Romero extras.

man, thats a real cunty thing to say about mike p

last time i listened to her she sounded incredibly stoned, and it really sounded as if she were masturbating

in recent times i completely forgot Annie Mac wasn't Mary Anne Hobbs

correct, which is my main beef actually. If you're showing equal enthusiasm to "experimental" electronic music and shit metal (i've got nothing against metal, she just wasn't very discerning, if it was heavy with screaming it got played, much like the boring-ass dubstep that's always on her show nowadays) then there's something wrong. The woman just likes things that are slightly (but careful! not too much!!) less than mainstream. I think this is the sole criterion for her to gush sycophantic adjectives all over a piece of music.

Guest Iain C
did she used to do the metal show that used to be on at midnight like 5 years ago?

She did, I used to listen to it when I was like 12

So probably longer than five years ago

PS, I would slam her

last post

actually yeah it must be more like 7 or 8 years now, i was big on my metal until i was 13/14. in fact theres a direct correlation between me starting marijuana and starting to hate metal.

Guest blutac

I think she's alright - definetly done a lot for promoting dubstep and plays a lot of good. Just wish there was a little bit more variety and quality in what she plays.

+ electronic explorations does what her show does but 100 times better

Archived