IGNORED

Amazon MP3 Store Screw-up

OneToThirtySix

So I bought three MP3 albums from amazon.com yesterday, downloaded them, listened while nodding, etc.  Today I check my email, and it says that payment for one of the albums did not go through, and that the order has been canceled, but my bank has only had the total of one of the albums withdrawn, and not the other two.  My amazon.com order history only has record of one album being ordered, and that was the one that was canceled.

So now I have three mp3 albums, one of which amazon says I haven't paid for (when I have, according to my bank), and two that amazon says I never ordered, but I now have in possession.

Does anyone know how this might have happened?

Never mind, I figured it out:

I ordered two of the albums together, and I forgot about sales tax, and didn't have enough in the account, so amazon canceled both album orders together, but withdrew the amount for the one album that was ordered separately.

But I'm still confused about how I got to download them all anyway . . . 

Does anyone know how this might have happened?

I ordered two of the albums together, and I forgot about sales tax, and didn't have enough in the account, so amazon canceled both album orders together, but withdrew the amount for the one album that was ordered separately.

so you got two albums you didn't pay for?

Yeah.  I think because a) it was Sunday, and my bank isn't open Sunday and b) I ordered all the albums in rapid succession, I was able to download them before the order was canceled.

But if people can do this on a regular basis, what's the difference between peer-to-peer and amazon?

Guest Caustic
MEGAUPLOAD AND POST ALBUMS HERE

IT'S KARMA

I only megaupload to charities.

idm for starving children

go

Archived