IGNORED

Out of the Game

autopilot

http://mexicutedbyhepitacos.libsyn.com/

So back before 1up went bankrupt and I still played console games, I enjoyed listening to a few of their podcasts. Any personalities of merit have since left the site.

Well a bunch of the old cast of GFW Radio and N'Gai Croal from Newsweek got together and made this not-really-about-games podcast. It's a start up show so the audio quality's not so great, but I'm about a half hour in now and it's a really good listen. Anyone who's a fan of old GFW Radio would probably love it, and anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about should check it out if you just want to hear a near podcast about whatever. These guys can be very entertaining.

This first episode is all about a generation raised with Facebook/Twitter and having permanent records of all your adolescent thoughts & activities on the net forever.

Why don't you play console games any longer?

I just sort of quit gaming because I wasn't getting anything done creatively. I spent about 3 years of my life playing 360 & PS3 and have absolutely nothing to show for it except a high Halo 3 rank and a few shitty LBP levels. I felt extremely restless not accomplishing anything so I sold my consoles to my friends and devoted my spare time to creative endeavours.

I say "console gaming" because I still indulge in some Quake Live once or twice a week, but it's mostly gaming in general that I've quit.

Point is, check out this awesome podcast.

Good for you. I just quit myself--was a Quake-addict for years, although my most recent transgression was FFXI--spare me, I know. I may engage in some casual Quake every so often but it was truly a terrible waste of my time and a part of my life that I intend never to return--listen to me, talking about a fucking game. Christ.

May you fare well in your creative endeavours.

http://mexicutedbyhepitacos.libsyn.com/

So back before 1up went bankrupt and I still played console games, I enjoyed listening to a few of their podcasts. Any personalities of merit have since left the site.

Well a bunch of the old cast of GFW Radio and N'Gai Croal from Newsweek got together and made this not-really-about-games podcast. It's a start up show so the audio quality's not so great, but I'm about a half hour in now and it's a really good listen. Anyone who's a fan of old GFW Radio would probably love it, and anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about should check it out if you just want to hear a near podcast about whatever. These guys can be very entertaining.

This first episode is all about a generation raised with Facebook/Twitter and having permanent records of all your adolescent thoughts & activities on the net forever.

The guys from the 1Up Show have a new show, called co-op:

Sucks for you that you're not disciplined enough to balance creative endeavours and a bit of gaming here and there.

Sucks for you that you're not disciplined enough to balance creative endeavours and a bit of gaming here and there.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I play Quake Live once or twice a week. Sounds like discipline to me. :beer:

No, I didn't miss that part. But why does it require you to get rid of your consoles? You obviously enjoy playing them, that was my point.

Actually, by the time I ditched them it wasn't a straight up logging off XBL and sudden epiphany. I had become increasingly bored and apathetic toward them over the course of a month or two, and wanted to pursue other hobbies, namely the ones I was heavily into before I got the 360 back in 2007. I sold my consoles to my brother and went about activities I found ultimately more fulfilling in the end. I don't miss them one bit, so I don't see the situation as something inherently negative, as it appears you're try to make it out to be.

It would be nice if this thread was about that pretty cool podcast.

so I don't see the situation as something inherently negative, as it appears you're try to make it out to be.

Nah, I didn't mean to come across like that. I have times when I dn't game for ages, other than the occasional mash of Hexic or something. But then I have other times well I'm well into it, so I could argue that I know where you're coming from.

Thing is, I go back to gaming more heavily from time to time so I personally wouldn't sell my consoles or anything.

Not judging bro, keep it real and stuff.

Why don't you play console games any longer?

I just sort of quit gaming because I wasn't getting anything done creatively. I spent about 3 years of my life playing 360 & PS3 and have absolutely nothing to show for it except a high Halo 3 rank and a few shitty LBP levels. I felt extremely restless not accomplishing anything so I sold my consoles to my friends and devoted my spare time to creative endeavours.

I say "console gaming" because I still indulge in some Quake Live once or twice a week, but it's mostly gaming in general that I've quit.

Point is, check out this awesome podcast.

life's not a competition. time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time.

Archived