IGNORED

synths used on incunabula?

Guest IRARI

Whoever has an old issue of Future Music from about '94 (I do but it's like 200 miles away) with an interview of Ae, it's got the equipment listed that they use for Incunabula. I seem to remember the list being surprisingly small...

Roland TR-606

Roland MC-202

Roland Juno-106

Casio SK-1

Boss RSD-10

Boss RVV-10

Ensoniq EPS 16+

Yamaha DX-100

this sounds about right.

606 and Juno for damn sure, they're all over the place.

202 I think is what's used in Doctrine, the background of Windwind and possibly for the main part of Kalpol Introl (now that I think about it, vaguely bears resemblance to parts of Lego Feet).

EPS 16+ would make sense they'd definitely need some kind of sampler for those drum parts because the 606 parts are only about half the album. for some reason I always assumed it was the original EPS (without the resonant filters).

DX-100 would make sense or at least some type of Yamaha FM. that's probably what was used for the main line of Autriche mentioned in a previous post. and some of the pad sounds could be FM, and probably some of the drums, esp. hats/cymbals.

RSD-10 is what I always thought they used on this album for samples but since it can only play one sample at a time that wouldn't make sense. they probably do use it a little bit for that because it's so lo fi ("Don't have any idea what was going on.") those parts could easily be SK-1 as well. if this list is to be believed it's probably used more as a regular delay along with the RRV used as a reverb, because there are both types of fx all over the place. I always thought they used Quadraverb on here because that's what they used on Amber but I guess the verb sounds quite a bit different.

Archived