IGNORED

why are "mixes" appreciated by people?

Guest Helper ET

Guest David R James

Not all digital mixing bad though, i dont mind traktor scratch and stuff like that for some things.

I prefer listening to turntablism than mixes , just becos the skill involved.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET

ok well after bcm and a lot of others you people im starting to believe what i was afraid of. i have no idea about djing, what mix is, what happens in these "clubs", why people go to them, ....what is anything?

where have i been? ive somehow missed out on this so called, "mix scene"... is it just on the internet or in real life?

ps what is anything? a cardan?

Is this lack of understanding the artistic merit of a mix a by product of the 'shuffle' generation?

How the fuck can you be on a forum based on a sub section of 'dance' culture and not know what a DJ mix is?

Exampe; listen Mr RDJ's Minehead mix from the dowload section and tell me if it would be the same if he'd taken all the records and played them in any randon order.

Guest Helper ET

ludd is a bud

once he went home to his hun

he tripped on a stick

broke his dick

and now he doesnt have fun

Guest Helper ET

its a deal dude

i like it as much as food

well never fight again

well act like men

and be in a good mood

Guest AOOproductions
Not all digital mixing bad though, i dont mind traktor scratch and stuff like that for some things.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I don't get what he's doin? is he using the turntables as a midi controller? As in, are his scratches on the tables controlling the scratches on the computer? or is he actually scratching live? Whats up with this!

Guest David R James

I don't get what he's doin? is he using the turntables as a midi controller? or is he actually scratching live?

He's got all his bits of tracks edited together in one big file and then scratching them like he would with vinyl but without having to take one plate of and putting on another.

its a deal dude

i like it as much as food

well never fight again

well act like men

and be in a good mood

men who like to cuddle

but not get in a muddle

and start to touch each other

on the reproductive organs

Guest Helper ET

you dont get what hes doin

you do like what hes brewin

hes spinning a disc

and moving a stick

your the one hes foolin

that was for aoo edit:

Guest AOOproductions

I don't get what he's doin? is he using the turntables as a midi controller? or is he actually scratching live?

He's got all his bits of tracks edited together in one big file and then scratching them like he would with vinyl but without having to take one plate of and putting on another.

is this the new thing? or relatively new thing?

Guest Helper ET

you touch my dirty organs

i scream do more and then

we fuck all night

my bleeding ass might

ask for more again

Guest David R James

Im not sure when traktor scratch came out, but its just basically NI's version of Final scratch or serato or whatever.

my friend billy

had a ten foot willy

and he showed it to the girl next door

she thought it was a snake

so hit it with a rake

and now it's only two foot four

Guest AOOproductions

Im not sure when traktor scratch came out, but its just basically NI's version of Final scratch or serato or whatever.

well i meant like, is the new "fad", like popular for DJ's to do now?

Guest Helper ET

so ludd are you saying that all djs do is that "blend" effects as a transition between two songs, througha pre planned set of songs that other people wrote?

Archived