IGNORED

Portal/Half Life <3

Guest thanksomuch

Guest thanksomuch

Hey guys, yeah another Half Life-ish thread, forgive me.

So i beat portal this morning and wow it was great. what a cool game. i loved the chatter of the "maga computer" or w/e she was. and the ending song, oh i want a copy of it so bad to listen to in the car :O

glados_bondage.jpg

found that whisle i was looking around for a suitable desk top at work. I KNEW it looked like a people!

any ways, sry to get side tracked.

does any one know of any mods? can you send me a linky-poo?

I have been watching the progression of NeoTokyo and it looks truely JAWSOME.

well my brother has been watching it but he's cool so w/e.

Portal is pure gaming brilliance.

Even with the meme explosion that stemmed from it, the original work is untouchable.

It's up there with Shadow of The Colossus & Half Life 2 as "games with storylines that aren't so shitty they make me want to kill myself".

Guest thanksomuch
hey thanksie, here's the portal end theme...now can you figure out how to flag my profile as nsfw so i can have my naked girl back pls?

i do what i must cuz i can.

Guest thanksomuch

fuck i forgot to mention that there will be a Portal Chocolate Cake thread as installment three of my Cooking thread. I am not sure when it will happen, but if you think i have forgotten about it fucking send me a PM.

gmflatgrass0026jp6.jpg

what's going on here? looks like the gman lynched eli to hook up with alyx, or eli hung himself at the prospect of alyx dating gman...but i want to know what all the objects are that are part of the picnic, surely like a fine renaissance painting each has a special significance...

Guest thanksomuch

i have team fortress but hell if i can figure it out with out like single player mode or some shit. ><

Guest my usernames always really suck
i have team fortress but hell if i can figure it out with out like single player mode or some shit. ><

What's to figure out? The classes have their strengths and weaknesses and unique utilities. Some classes are strong against other classes, and it all balances out.

Medic is good for new players, I think. Although Medics tend to be high-priority targets (if not the highest priority targets, at least if the enemy team is competent... it may or may not be), it'll instill good teamwork in your habits early on. Plus everyone is grateful to Medics who heal all their teammates in need and not just one already-overhealed Heavy (I hate Medics who do that).

Engineer is also a good class for beginners to start out in, it's easy to pick up and help your team's defense (sentry guns), offense (teleporters), and all-around utility (ammo/health dispensers).

Personally I favor Spy and Scout because I'm not usually not good at direct combat... sneak around and backstab people as Spy trying to never be seen, and Scout is great for buzzing around and being a nuisance and general distraction. Spy is probably the most difficult class to play, though.

Pyro ... it's also a newbie-friendly class but god damn it's a cheap, untactful one too. I've had many games where I just can't do shit as Spy (which does require a lot of strategy to pull off attacks) because the enemy team is locked down in their defense too tightly, and I switch over to Pyro and just fucking hold down the mouse button and charge at the enemy with the flamethrower and kill tons of enemies on the other team with little thinking or effort.

Play Soldier if you're good at old-fashioned Quake-style shootan

Guest thanksomuch
does any one know of any mods? can you send me a linky-poo?

Portal: Prelude

I'm still to finish this one, it's taken me like 4 months on and off....I'm right at the end though (I think) with the huge vertical room.

have you enjoyed it so far?

also, my desktop at work:

Guest PigeonSt

Ooooh I loved Minerva! Here are some other fun mods:

Synergy - is a multiplayer co-op mod that lets you play either parts of HL2 or scenarios in multiplayer, pretty fun.

Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II - is a multiplayer competitive game where you play as...pirates, vikings, or knights. There's a heavy emphasis on melee, and it's quite unique.

Portal Flash version mappack for Portal - this is another great mod for Portal with puzzles up to the quality of the original release, Valve took this, edited it a bit and released it for 360 (still alive pack) but not PC

My name on steam is carrotpanic, please add me!

Archived