IGNORED

Space Stations

Braintree

Come on guys, I want to write a song about space stations. The concept album would be monumental.

Ae's Hub is already the best track about space stations.

Edit: at least space stations of the annular variety.

Did you ever wonder what the point of the architecture of that fictional space station is? Maybe in the sci-fi future, fashion is prioritized above functionality. What's the point of having an outer ring? Wouldn't that just make it that much harder to get from A to B?

I believe it's spinning, using the centrifugal force to somewhat emulate gravity, so you walk along the outside wall.

Did you ever wonder what the point of the architecture of that fictional space station is? Maybe in the sci-fi future, fashion is prioritized above functionality. What's the point of having an outer ring? Wouldn't that just make it that much harder to get from A to B?

I believe it's spinning, using the centrifugal force to somewhat emulate gravity, so you walk along the outside wall.

yes

See, e.g., http://en.wikipedia..../Stanford_torus

Archived