IGNORED

teh bears get jay cutler!@!@#

sinicalypse

28 years on this earth: i was five years old when the bears won their superbowl.

for the first time in my lifetime, i don't have to watch other teams if i want to see fo'real NFL football.

kyle orton + first round 2009 first round 2010 + third round 2009 for jay cutler and the broncos 5th round pick this year.

holy shit holy christ fuckity fuck yes, for all of you non-american-types, imagine a young and upcoming footballer with teh skillset to be up there amongst the legends (pele is the only one that comes to mind) coming to your team at age 25 off of a pro-bowl approaching, not even technically AT the prime of his career, coming to a place that hasnt had a real quarterback since sid luckman, who played for the bears from 1939-1950. seriously, that guy holds most if not all of our quarterback records here, and now we've got a real big something here, now the bears are going to be a player in teh NFC for a decade or thereabouts, and yeah, we've got a real motherfucking quarterback here in chicago can i get a HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAH!@#$@#

i didn't read your post, but fuck yeah. just read it on the tribune. thank god the bears pull off a ballsy move for once. if the defense can fucking keep it together, the bears are going to be tough. this completely changes the division.

yeah i mean aaron rodgers has yet to do it for a full season, the vikings have added sage rosenfels to their tavaris jackson shit sammich and the lions are the lions and even if they get stafford i'm not really high on the guy.

granted we've got no receivers and the defense is getting old in bad in many parts (urlacher, for example, is a far cry from the guy in the early 00s) but like, keep in mind the bears also signed orlando pace today, so here's another 7 time pro bowler near the end of his career who knows how much he's got left but if you can get an upper 1/2 offensive line adn you've got a solid RB with forte and get anyone to catch teh fucking ball i mean go get torry holt and hope pray that hakeem nicks or someone decent MGIHT be there in the 2nd round (i mean if they can trade up earlier in teh 2nd or late 1st and get hakeem nicks that'd be a BOON!@$) cuz like, jerry angelo doesnt really liek first round picks much.

i can't think of a time when the bears were ever the #1 story in a football offseason. you hear about bears football you think of that TRADITION shit like we come off of the bus running the football and all of this shit, this medieval dark ages antiquated reactionary neanderthal type football shit, and now we've got a real fucking quarterback, and finally the bears come out and they're proactive and yeah yeah yeah this kid is a fucking football something.

this puts to end all of the meatheads calling up "i think caleb hanie should get a look1@#@" or hearing about rex grossman or kyle orton or the old addage that "teh most popular quarterback in chicago is the bears' backup" and like, none of that... all of the old bullshit is gone, seeing as chicago's last bigtiem quarterback was sid luckman who p[layed from 1939-1950.

59 years later, the bears get a REAL FUCKING QUARTERBACK#@!$#@!

</cumming in pants>

lol... i totally forgot about that jay cutler!

there needs to be more discusion about sports here again! i don't talk about it anymore here because watmm is filled with weakling, girlyman, creeps!

welp i'd do a baseball thread but i'm afraid of tldr status and it seems liek if i post anything long i catch shit from the lower ranks all the way to teh higher ups and i dont wanna be banned/suspended/deleted/something for having the unique ability to write at relatively astonishingly-long-lengths

before i pop outta here i'll make a baseball 2009 thread in the hopes that it continues onwards for teh season.

cutler has been mediocre W-L-wise even if he is skilled, so we'll have to see if he can turn it around in a situation where he has a fresh start.

he didn't score any points for me though when he said yesterday "i didn't want to be traded..." blah blah... he was the one who requested the trade, justified or not

well denver's defense sucks, as tryin'ta get teh cleveland browns' d-line didnt do much for them.. their running backs have been a joke, as they fell victim to thinking their shit didnt stank under shanahan, who thought he could turn anyone into a star RB (see mike anderson, tatum bell, even the ghost of travis henry and his pied-piper-like collection of bastard children... they had one star/franchise-type RB, clinton portis, and traded him for champ bailey. ho hum)

whilst i liek brandon marshall and eddie royal and their big white TE named jed i believe, still, they weren't like ohmygod and to see cutler get his diabetes under control and improve to 4200+ yards 25/18 on a middling-at-best team, that's some wow. and i'll take his raw skills over kyle orton.

GOOD BYE TO CAPTAIN NECKBEARD@!$#

Guest Mr Salads

Thank god, good riddance to Cutler. Broncos got a great haul in for a guy who didnt want to be there anyway.

First 5 of the 85 picks in the draft aint bad at all...

Time to rebuild.

lol @ Urlacker's comment: "I guess he's good." I know how you feel pal. It came as a surprise to everybody

Guest PigeonSt

Oh yeah? Well the Lions are going to get Stafford so... :confused:

They really should have ponied up for Cutler.

detroit man! the lions are the only team in professional sports that actually make me feel sad and sorry for them!

jay cutler... the bears really need to surround him with some protection. and what velasquez said... their wide receivers are pretty shitty! unless all the bears need is a confidence boost with cutlers presence!

We'll see now if Devin Hester has the chops to be an impact receiver in the NFL. He can't seem to return kicks anymore, so if he doesn't catch the passes that Cutler delivers, the Bears are going to have a highly paid bench warmer on their hands.

But, I still hold out hopes for Brandon Lloyd. it'd be sweet to have Torry Holt too, but even if they don't pick up another receiver, I'm still optimistic for the Bears offense. Cutler, Matt Forte, Greg Olson, Rasheid Davis, Lloyd and possibly Hester should hopefully be able to get the ball in the end zone. The offense wasn't terrible last year with Orton giving the ball to that same group of players, so it can't be any worse this season, right?

I'm more worried about the ailing and aging defense. Tommie Harris needs a good year and hopefully Urlacher is healthy again.

Guest theSun

thank god for the bears, it would be pretty funny if cutler went down in preseason or something though. the d00d has like a 13-1 record when the other team scores under 21 points, so he got the job done pretty consistently in denver.

Archived