IGNORED

Remano Eszildn - R-Tracks

Food

I like this. Alot. Sounds fresh, and I can't quite put my finger on influences. One of the tracks is a fast acidy sort of affair, real nice.

The melodies are randomish, but in a good way. Percussion is also interesting, yet pretty basic.

This isn't on Bleep yet, I will prefer to buy the CD anyways.

Yay mu.

What do you other geezers reckon?

Guest Glass Plate

Ok i think you guys are going a bit far, it sounds alright, but it says it in the description it's self, he's just playing around with a cheap monosynth.

Doesn't even come close to the tones of Laquarto and Perky, Proswell's stuff is way more thick in layers/tones and I wouldn't dare compare it to aphex.

I do really enjoy this release though, far more interesting than some annoying ass dubstep. It's nice composition and all, just not amazingly fresh or new.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah but there's still plenty of undiscovered stuff that's way better. I never stop finding good music. Just dont waste your time on shitty stuff. Some people love music that'll sound good in a big subwoofer and that's all they're thinking about right now, and it's stupid.

Doesn't even come close to the tones of Laquarto and Perky, Proswell's stuff is way more thick in layers/tones and I wouldn't dare compare it to aphex.

Yeah, I didn't mean it was approaching the same quality as Aphex, but some of the ideas he plays around with are obviously inspired by his tracks. I still think it's strong for a debut, caught me by surprise.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah Audio80 is the best track though, and that says a lot.

I will definitely check out later stuff from him if we ever see any.

yeah but there's still plenty of undiscovered stuff that's way better. I never stop finding good music. Just dont waste your time on shitty stuff. Some people love music that'll sound good in a big subwoofer and that's all they're thinking about right now, and it's stupid.

Honestly I have not heard Not Breathing - Laquarto and Perky or Proswell so I will go seek that shit out :ok: tell us what is way better man, I am interested.

But yeah I am liking this a lot and I'm not really feeling the new syntheme or mrs jynx from last year that was supposed to be filling this niche.

also I am a bit suss that this is a debut, it sounds too good to me. I read it was done with one monosynth (at least the beatless tracks) and minimum hardware for the others, but it still has real nice original sound to me.

reminds me of a more shiny listenable Cylob, and some of the transposition/key changes remind of gasman for some reason.

anyone see this dude live at the filth event? actually I think it is on right now...

Yeah, I didn't mean it was approaching the same quality as Aphex, but some of the ideas he plays around with are obviously inspired by his tracks. I still think it's strong for a debut, caught me by surprise.

agreed. also the only material you can realistically compare to afx is the tuss

Guest Tommm

Annoying ass dubstep is fairly narrow minded considering half of everyone ever has only been exposed to utter cock gobblery like Caspa and Rusko.

I have this one waiting to listen to. I'll probably slap it on later tonight.

it's a good lp overall , alot of repetitive riffs over alot of tracks, 6 being memorable, but not enough change or dynamics in the end

Guest Glass Plate
Annoying ass dubstep is fairly narrow minded considering half of everyone ever has only been exposed to utter cock gobblery like Caspa and Rusko.

I have this one waiting to listen to. I'll probably slap it on later tonight.

no, I've tried and tried and tried. SO MANY times to give dubstep a chance, I have heard NOTHING from that movement that I could give a shit about.

dubstep

I also rate vex'd, but that new jamie vex'd - in system travel is awful imo.

I also like perveralist, and early kode9, old skream and old mark one stuff. but don't listen to it much lately at all. most of the mu dubstep releases do not interest me at all.

I would like to see snares or afx try their spin at some mutant dubstep tunes (snares has skirted around it a bit) or squarepusher for that matter. now that could be interesting.

also r-tracks has absolutely nothing remotely like dubstep on it if you have not listened to it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
you have to admit audio80 is best track on the album though.

nope I like countdown to meltdown and r-bottin best. was just looking in the shoppes for this tonight but did not find. found syntheme, and bought some old squarepusher instead..

I think audio80 is no.1 on his last.fm a few weeks back though, but not anymore.. I find it sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way. made me wonder if it's actually on the proper cd infact..

Oh yeah, I checked out some proswell, I think an older one was not very impressive but the newer one was pretty damn aces.

that not breathing though is a bit dissonant/out of tune for me, but I may change my mind on that...

• 2 weeks later...

I found out about this record while browsing the planet mu catalog and I really like it. Kinoull and Parallelatron are probably my favorite tracks so far.

• 4 years later...

Archived