IGNORED

Analogue and digital

Guest Stagger

I love when this popped up the other day. I was like "analogue and digital is a genre now?"

it's even less of a genre than IDM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
ugh

i'm nomming this for deletion later

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Also, Ignore All Rules.

i laugh at your WP:IAR. this is clearly not somewhere that this applies. read WP:IAR again.

this is essentially a vanity article which fails WP:N, WP:V, and WP:NOR.

that is pretty much everything that justifies an article's existence.

so stop wasting administrators' time that could be better spent doing something else, if indeed it is you.

i laugh at your WP:IAR. this is clearly not somewhere that this applies. read WP:IAR again.

this is essentially a vanity article which fails WP:N, WP:V, and WP:NOR.

that is pretty much everything that justifies an article's existence.

so stop wasting administrators' time that could be better spent doing something else, if indeed it is you.

Yes, laugh away, that was the joke.

And I didn't write it.  I have better masturbation to do than write an advertisement about a genre of music named after two opposing recording techniques and make it out to be an encyclopedia article.

Motion to ban author of shitty wiki.

oh shit blue cheese is awful when you have a cold/flu. i forgot you had flu, sorry.

sorry for putting you through that.

whoever wrote this article needs surgery very very badly to extract the cranium from the rectum

'''Analogue and digital''' (commonly abbreviated to a&d, AD, Analord, analogue digital, and, a+d, a'n'd, etc.) is a genre of [[electronic music]] emerging from [[Great Britain]] that has gained popularity especially in [[belgium]], [[sweden]], [[Norway]], and the [[united States of America]]. Notable artists include [[Ceephax]] and [[Aphex Twin]] (under his guises [[AFX]], [[Analord]], and [[The Tuss]]). The core philosophy of analogue and digital is the desire to use roland products over and over and over again until the genre becomes a way to fetishize certain musical gear and not output very interesting results, [[party]]. Equally important is the tunnel vision these artists exhibit in the methodology of using real roland synthesizer products rather than anything else made by any other company. a&d tracks are often considered by critics and artists to have a strong sense banality & uncreativity.

I love the bit about star wars.

i loved the part even better about Terminator 2 where the author of the article describes people who are afraid of DAW or new audio technology are like old men who refuse to get on board with the changing times and who get left in the dust similar to the people who rejected CGI when Terminator 2 came out because they thought it was 'cheating'

buhbye

good riddance, if that article was even somewhat serious it was shockingly embarrassing for everyone involved

but it wasn't somewhat serious was it

you're the one who "needs surgery very very badly to extract the cranium from the rectum"

edit: yea

edit 2: put back what i edited

buhbye

good riddance, if that article was even somewhat serious it was shockingly embarrassing for everyone involved

but it wasn't somewhat serious was it?

i dont know for sure that's why i predicated it with an 'if'

it's more enjoyable just thinking things like this are a joke rather than getting snooty and thinking it's an embarrassment

it's more enjoyable just thinking things like this are a joke rather than getting snooty and thinking it's an embarrassment

if you actively contribute to wiki, it's easier.

you examine the article in regards to three things - is it verifiable? is it notable? (both good) is there original research? (this is bad)

only if it can pass these does it deserve inclusion on wiki.

Archived