IGNORED

Kode9 & Flying Lotus show

Guest maantecaaa!!!

Guest abracadabra

This is exactly why I didn't go. I wasn't expecting much of a performance to begin with. Plus, The Echoplex seems too big for FlyLo and Kode9

people in america seem to get it real bad. i went to see kode9 at nation (well, i went to go see errol alkan and kode9 was there, with benga) and had an awesome time. also, why would you want to look at the artist? of course its going to be boring. i dont think i looked at him once.

I don't get it, do you go to listen to music or watch music?

I see where you're coming from though, it is fun to watch people like Otto Von Schirach, Vexkiddy or DJ Scotch Egg.. They're great fun. But personally if I'm enjoying the music then fuck it. Electronic music is pretty much renowned for being music that typically you can't make with instruments as such.. Isn't it? I mean, it's not really performing music. More cerebral. I guess.

can someone complaining about the actual performance being bad as opposed to the music please explain to me what would have actually made it good. im struggling to understand.

Guest maantecaaa!!!
can someone complaining about the actual performance being bad as opposed to the music please explain to me what would have actually made it good. im struggling to understand.

What would have made it good: a good soundsystem without significant amounts of distortion, non lame visuals(you mentioned pole dancers? well guess what? the main video loop during the show had a pole dancer as the focus), SOMETHING to set it apart from other shows. My gf went with me and she was very underwhelmed by the show.

Different shows can use different things.

Like somebody said above, Otto Von Schirach is always entertaining to watch and he doesn't use any props.

well if its a shit soundsystem then fair enough but thats about the music i would have said. i havent seen a show with visuals since venetian snares 2 years ago.

What would have made it good: a good soundsystem without significant amounts of distortion, non lame visuals(you mentioned pole dancers? well guess what? the main video loop during the show had a pole dancer as the focus), SOMETHING to set it apart from other shows. My gf went with me and she was very underwhelmed by the show.

Like somebody said above, Otto Von Schirach is always entertaining to watch and he doesn't use any props.

Erm, yes he does! Last time I saw him, he was dressed as a superhero with a man in a monkey suit banging a drum that was hooked up to his laptop. Proptacular

Erm, yes he does! Last time I saw him, he was dressed as a superhero with a man in a monkey suit banging a drum that was hooked up to his laptop. Proptacular

Depends on his mood I think! At Bloc he just had two weird dancers and a bandana. It was fucking awesome, I highfived him, slapped his wrist and punctured about five holes in my hand from his spiked wristband. Got three small scars in my hand from Otto Von Schirach now :wub:

Guest Deep Fried Everything

except for a venue having a shitty sound rig, i don't know how it would be possible to not have fun at this show (kode9 specifically)... he played here last night in chicago and it was off the hook! so so good.

i'd say if the sound was good then you probably just don't like his taste in tunes, in which case head on over to the complain thread and let it allllll ouuuuuuuuutttttttt

Archived