IGNORED

Deep Sea Creatures

Alzado

I have a freshwater aquarium I built into my wall of my living room (55 gallon) that I've had for about 5 years now, and in my experience, filtration is the key to it all - investing in a good filtration system alleviates a lot of the hassles experienced with freshwater and saltwater tanks. Also, lighting is important as well, not only from an aesthetic standpoint, but also for tank health. You're on the right track starting small, and if you have a local aquarium shop that has good looking tanks, talk to who maintains them to get advice.

this is a pretty fucking sweet idea. i'm about to buy a house so i think it'd be a cool think to start once we move into the house. sounds like a lot of prep work-- how long before the tank begins to yield edible seafood?

never forget, alzado! i know you'll be tempted to dip your nuts in the tank!

That would most certainly alter the Ph of the water...

Most IDM 2010: "Upper Decking a Fishtank In A Seafood Restaurant"

I also recommend a tank no smaller than twenty gallons if this is your first marine tank.  With a freshwater tank, you can let water evaporate, and the fish will be fine, but salt doesn't evaporate, so the smaller the tank, the smaller the amount you can allow to evaporate.

Archived