IGNORED

Bionic Penguins

Guest cuntlicker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hahathhat

eye-grabbing and really cool, but nothing in here is really new. the only thing that really made an impression on me was the flying penguins and reactowall. very breathtaking pieces of art... but they're downplaying the art and bigging up their, er, futuristic technology...

bionic brain shit --> neural networks

3D rapid prototyping --> been next big thing for years

microprocessors give them free will??

nature inspires engineering, never thought of that

and yes the cubes look cool, but who buys legos that cost $500 a block? most parents will stick w/ fischer technic and capsella

it's a video of flashy shit so they land more contracts

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1699...-the-skies.html

I found the answer:

Using their flippers, the mechanical penguins can paddle through water just like real ones, while larger helium-filled designs can "swim" through the air.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2012...one-before.html

holy fuck

Guest cuntlicker

yea the air penguins are crazy, at first I had a hard time deciding if the movie was all CGI or if it was legitimate.

it really shows just how far AI and robotics have come in the last 5-10 years. If this is what they are showing to the public imagine what they've got behind closed doors... :fear:

Guest hahathhat
yea the air penguins are crazy, at first I had a hard time deciding if the movie was all CGI or if it was legitimate.

it really shows just how far AI and robotics have come in the last 5-10 years. If this is what they are showing to the public imagine what they've got behind closed doors... :fear:

i don't know why i still post in general banter

Archived