IGNORED

how ocd are you about your music collection?

Guest zaphod

Guest mrcopyandpaste

I've recently started the mammoth task of getting the Name, Artist, Album, Year, Composer, Genre (divided into about 20 styles), Track #, Cat#, BPM, Key, and at least a 500x500 pixel resolution image of at least the front cover artwork (more if available) for every track I have in my Library, which is 7911 songs. This amountgenerally increases by about 5-10 per day.

About 80% of all my CD cases are broken. My music collection is spread out on a couple of drives with no proper folder structure. But I don't care, the foobar library is all I need. It also autotags everything I rip or download.

That lazy no-backup chaotic attitude cost me about 50GB of music a couple of months back. (rm -rf on a wrong folder :()

CD wallets organized by genre, then alphabetical, then chronological, with the print upright. If it's not upright, I will make sure it is.

I often make sure the CD's are in the correct position in other people's CD wallets...

Archived