IGNORED

WIRE magazin issue 303

perunamuusi

Guest Iain C

Last summer there was an amusing incident where I insulted WIRE in the presence of cartoonist Savage Pencil whilst dead drunk, without realising who I was sat with. LOLs.

Last summer there was an amusing incident where I insulted WIRE in the presence of cartoonist Savage Pencil whilst dead drunk, without realising who I was sat with. LOLs.

LOL, I remember that. He was an alright guy though.

Guest Iain C

His wife seemed unnaturally interested in Peterborough

And didn't he keep saying there was no culture outside of London? I respected him for that :wink:

Guest Lady kakapo

The WIRE is at times appalling.

And didn't he keep saying there was no culture outside of London? I respected him for that :wink:

I'll take the bait...

Let's take music as an example. Put all the decent UK music in one column, and all the decent 'London' music in the other. In the London column you'd have Kate Bush, David Bowie and that's about it, and the UK column would be much much bigger, even though 'London' makes up about a 1/4 of the population. What London does have is money, greater private sponsorship for the arts and an endless stream of tits from the home counties who want to be jewellry designers, burlesque artistes, whatever wanky faux profession is flavour of the month in the broadsheet style supplements etc. etc. etc. And cartoonists.

This does not equate to culture.

London is a parasite. Perhaps he meant culture in the bacteria sense.

Guest Helper ET

i find that classification of such ideas only leads to a cognitive dissonance so great that you find yourself right back to where you were before you started thinking it out

Guest Iain C
The WIRE is at times appalling.

I'll take the bait...

Let's take music as an example. Put all the decent UK music in one column, and all the decent 'London' music in the other. In the London column you'd have Kate Bush, David Bowie and that's about it, and the UK column would be much much bigger, even though 'London' makes up about a 1/4 of the population. What London does have is money, greater private sponsorship for the arts and an endless stream of tits from the home counties who want to be jewellry designers, burlesque artistes, whatever wanky faux profession is flavour of the month in the broadsheet style supplements etc. etc. etc. And cartoonists.

This does not equate to culture.

London is a parasite. Perhaps he meant culture in the bacteria sense.

You sound pretty bitter about it! To be honest I can't really remember the ins and outs of our conversation, I was pretty drunk. I certainly think London has more to offer than an oppressively shit place like Peterborough, but I've never lived anywhere else.

His wife seemed unnaturally interested in Peterborough

Yeah, I think she really had an interest in us.

I do remember him saying that quite a lot, what a man. :ok:

Why are 303's suddenly popular again? Is this due to Crystal Castles or some shitty trendy electro band like that?

Have Crystal Castles ever used a 303?

Archived