IGNORED

Sam Rimi's new film

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude, I just saw this flick tonight. the crowd was basically laughing the whole way through it ... I saw Terminator right before it, though, and enjoyed that one much more.

you lose

Guest tronicphace
dude, I just saw this flick tonight. the crowd was basically laughing the whole way through it ... I saw Terminator right before it, though, and enjoyed that one much more.

you lose

can i play again?? :beer:

you lose

can i play again?? :beer:

if terminator was intentionally supposed to be funny ie: john conner saying 'ill be back' the helena bohnam carter skynet face with the robot layer underneath her face fading in and out i could see maybe just maybe it being a superior film to Drag me to hell. ALSO were you not privy to the knowledge that Drag me to Hell was supposed to be funny?

Guest Wall Bird

Fuck yes!

This film was so much fun. After getting really pumped up by the title sequence and enjoying myself thoroughly throughout it's entirety I left the theatre giggling and saying to myself "Fuck yeah, Lamia." on the entire bikeride home. This was a damn fine horror film.

looks kind of like it might be similar to the Gift, i actually enjoyed Spider-man 3 a lot and it reminded me of Raimi's older more cartoonish work (hudsucker proxy & crimwave) not so sure about Drag me to hell but definitely plan on seeing it.

Hudsucker Proxy is Coen Bros.

Hudsucker proxy was co-written by Sam Raimi and he was also 2nd unit director

in interviews they have said the movie was basically a 3-way collaboration

this really huge guy went "that's some shit!!" and flipped his pepsi up a few aisles when the old hag vomited maggots into the chick's face.

oh man that's awesome, i just got back from a 2nd viewing in a theatre in downtown oakland. wasn't as crazy as your experience but close

*****SPOILERS*****

It is awesome.

So many great bits to choose from, but the old woman 'gumming' Charlotte was a high point (and disgusting), and I loved the Hang In There Baby poster. When the camera pulled back to reveal that as the lambia was right outside Charlotte's room, my friends and I were in fits of laughter.

Whoa! Confusing marketing? This film is hilarious? It seemed to come across as a straight up horror film!

Not that I'm complaining, gonna see this.

Guest Babar

I saw the film yesterday and totaly loved it. I love Rimi's ability to make a good scary movie with old-fashioned monsters. Nowadays most of horror movies just involve really sick monsters (i'm thinking about hills has eyes) with a lot of goreness. But Rimi don't need stuff like that in order to freak the shit out of you. When you leave the theater you don't feel uneasy or gross out, and that's a good point if you're planing to get your lover to see this film.

But the film is not flawless though. I found the character of the heroine a little tasteless (in comparison with bruce campbell). And there is not enough evil delusions, and I didn't saw any stop motion in the film which is a shame because sequences involving this technique in evil dead were awsome.

Still a fucking good film imo/

Did anyone else laugh when it revealed the graveyard? Brilliant self-awareness, I don't think they could have created a more cliched setting if they tried!

So many great bits to choose from, but the old woman 'gumming' Charlotte was a high point (and disgusting),

fisting, gumming and mouth fucking with foreign objects seem to be Raimi's new specialty

i wonder if hes going to use any of these more modest horror movie making techniques to bring to Spiderman 4, one can only help

i fucking loved how their was an anvil hanging from a rope inside of her shed.

me too, and the way she pans over to see the rope and pully perfectly positioning over the woman's head

there was a lot of awesome Super Raimi camera work and framed shots in this movie , havent seen Raimi channel his visual insanity like this since that one scene in Spiderman 2 where Doc Ock is at the hospital and the nurses are trying to remove his mechanical arms

spiderman2 hospital massacre

edit: did anyone notice how the old lady's car was the same one Ash had in Evil dead 1,2, 3?

Archived