IGNORED

Heading to Seattle and Vancouver for a weekend...

onecaseman

Guest my usernames always really suck

There are like 4 zoos in the area, if you want to mindlessly stare at animals being boring.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

Vancouver is beautiful, if it wasn't for the cold weather, i'd be there fast. There you should be able to stumble upon most things worth looking at. If you're into nature or scenery, i'd recommend taking the ferry across the bay to the mountain (forgot the name). The mountain has a beautiful view of the city.

For a neat experience, Granville Island (an artificially constructed island, SOoo idm)has a great farmer's market with tons of food. Right next door is the Emily something something art school. So you can get your gourmet food on and then go stare at hot art chicks.

The pot stores are fun, it's pretty easy to pick up around there.

One thing I noticed about Vancouver (I grew up in L.A.) is how SHARP the edges of shadows are outside. In l.a., shadows have a fuzzy edge because of all the pollution that interferes with the sunlight. Up in Vancouver they have a razor's edge, almost looks like a comic book sometimes.

If you have any more specific questions, I might be able to help.

Granville Island is alright, i tend to find it constantly underwhelming. but yeah get a hold of entorwellian or chengod and they can hook you up. i'm in victoria, but i know vancovuer.

Guest lands end road

There is some amazing cheese cake on Granville Island.

I would definitely check out the bar "Six Acres" in Gastown. Love the atmosphere there. Pretty hip but not too hipsterish. They also have an amazing beer selection.

There is also an amazing selection of good niche Japanese Izakayas/Ramen shops.

For Ramen I would check out Benkei, Motomachi or Kintaro which are all really close to each other (Denman/Robson area). For something other than ramen try Zakkushi which is also really close,

for some wicked skewered goodness. Try the Ninniku Memaki (Garlic shoot and thin sliced pork)

Vancouver also has a BookOff, which is a Japanese bookstore chain. It's basically wall to wall manga, so if youre into that then it's a dream come true.

Guest A/D

word! this thread forsaw my very wanderings, for i will be in VC from the 23rd to the 27th. i'll be working but hopefully i'll get a chance to check some shit out. thanks guys!

also, there's a little cafe called the amsterdam in which you can smoke marijuana, if that's your deal. not entirely sure where it is but i can find out if you'd like.

Guest Deep Fried Everything
also, there's a little cafe called the amsterdam in which you can smoke marijuana, if that's your deal. not entirely sure where it is but i can find out if you'd like.

lol, just don't go into any of these cafes expecting to meet anyone worthy (sober enough?) to have a conversation... that was my mistake.

Yeah, I don't smoke/drink, and neither does the friend I'm going with, so those recs are out of the questions, bu thanks anyway everyone.

see post #3

Archived