IGNORED

Star Trek

Rubin Farr

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to see this in IMAX asap...

nothing less would do....

cept on blu-ray and viewed on a big ass hdtv with a booty-bass bumpin' sound system........!

Guest Mirezzi

I've pretty much always hated Star Trek. Am I doomed to hate this, too, or will the Abrams phenomenon recruit me?

just go see it, lots of people are loving it, doesn't mean that you will, I know this.....

go see it at the fucking IMAX!

if you don't enjoy it at all, I will pay for your ticket...

Guest Mr Salads

Recruit you to what? Think its amazing? Fuck no. Its got a lot of problems. People need to cool down and shut the fuck up about it.

Guest Mirezzi
Recruit you to what? Think its amazing? Fuck no. Its got a lot of problems. People need to cool down and shut the fuck up about it.

I'd be happy to just enjoy it, quite frankly...I'll say this though, Abrams made the best Mission Impossible film by a fairly significant margin.

The cgi in Star Trek was some of the best I have seen...

besides Rutherford, Pixar and Star Wars....

This looked fucking idm as fuck!

FUCK!

Kubrick used the light flare minimally and beautifully, Cunningham started the flare party on film, Abrams takes it way too far and it is beautiful....

Anyone here wanna hate on light?

I personally love light....

I am glad I can still see after seeing ST...

blade runner wins in my light department

i liked star trek, went for fun. i'm a fan of the ost and what i've seen of tng and enjoyed myself more than i thought it would

...main complaint was just the pretty bland storyline/villan. wasn't trek enough for me but the visuals and rest of story i thought made up for it greatly

Someone needs their Salads tossed....

yeah karl urban really hit a grand slam in this one.I'm stil a little mixed on Zachary Quinto, no doubt i'll have to see it again

here is what Nimoy said about Karl Urban

When Karl Urban introduced himself as Leonard McCoy and shook hands with Chris Pine, I burst into tears. I thought that performance of his would be so moving, so touching, so powerful, as Doctor McCoy that I think De Kelly would be smiling, and maybe in tears as well.”

as a trek fag myself that warms my heart

i came away from the movie realizing that the Spock they portrayed in the film was very much a post TNG spock who had emotions. It shows that the writers had done their research on the star trek cannon but i wonder will most audience members make sense of this? I doubt most people who got into Trek because of this movie will find out until much later why the old spock in this film is so Jolly (it's not until later seasons of star trek the next generation where old Spock tries to start a peaceful revolution on romulas). In all the popular Trek films spock remains an emotionless full on vulcan. woah that really is embarrassingly nerdy what i jsut said

Guest zaphod

the main reason i liked this movie so much was that it offered an antidote to the dreary comic book adaptations we're seeing in the wake of the dark knight. i'm really tired of everything being "the empire strikes back" of its series, or whatever. it's just like the comic book boom in the late eighties after dark knight returns and watchmen came out; everything has this extra gravitas that it doesn't really need, real self serious work with inherently ridiculous subject matter.

if star trek wasn't a rollicking space adventure i don't think it would have worked. it had to be fun.

the main reason i liked this movie so much was that it offered an antidote to the dreary comic book adaptations we're seeing in the wake of the dark knight. i'm really tired of everything being "the empire strikes back" of its series, or whatever. it's just like the comic book boom in the late eighties after dark knight returns and watchmen came out; everything has this extra gravitas that it doesn't really need, real self serious work with inherently ridiculous subject matter.

if star trek wasn't a rollicking space adventure i don't think it would have worked. it had to be fun.

the original Batman will always be the best for this reason in my opinion... its more of a comic book compared to the dark knight

Just saw it today and it was pretty damn fine entertainment.

I'm looking forward to the summer blockbusters this year...even the trailer for GI Joe looked good.

Hopefully....

any g i joe fan should watch G I Joe: Resolute, script written by Warren Ellis...

not for kids at all and what the film should be but won't.......

Guest zaphod

i'd go see gi joe if it was done like a late eighties hard r rated action film with stallone or chuck norris or arnold. scenes with them sneaking up on columbians and shoving knives into their necks, shit like that.

i'd go see gi joe if it was done like a late eighties hard r rated action film with stallone or chuck norris or arnold. scenes with them sneaking up on columbians and shoving knives into their necks, shit like that.

Archived