IGNORED

david bowie - outside

Fred McGriff

this album is really good. i remember when it first came out i didnt like it because i thought it sounded gay. i bought this again about a month ago after not hearing it for probably about 10 years. now, it sounds kinda gay but i like it. it's just the right amount of gay. i dont know why but everytime a track off this album comes up on my shuffle i seem to go ape shit over it. "we prick you" plays in my car all the time now. i dont know if it's nostalgia or what. probably is. thos were some formative years and any musical artifact unearthed from those times is gonna be good i reckon. good album though.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

bowie is incredible init. hes not as interesting as say scott walker or brian eno but everything he does is great and he changes it up so much. is outside the drum n bass album? i forget

bowie is incredible init. hes not as interesting as say scott walker or brian eno but everything he does is great and he changes it up so much. is outside the drum n bass album? i forget

It's the one with "kickass outdoor violin solo" on it.

jk

why does everyone hype up brian eno so much? David bowie is not as interesting as brian eno? really?

why does everyone hype up brian eno so much? David bowie is not as interesting as brian eno? really?

:omg:

for me yes.

bowie is always pop music. its what hes going for. eno is much or than that.

maybe bowie is just too popular. sometimes that makes me think less of an artist (makes no sense i know). same with john lennon.

no it's the one before the dnb album. it's got "hearts filthy lesson" on it, the song that closes out Se7en

Bowie and Eno are both interesting in different ways. They are even more interesting together.

Coincidentally, I am listening to David Bowie's Deram Anthology at the moment. People always gloss over this stuff, but it is fucking incredible!

I saw Bowie on the Outside tour (with NIN and Prick... remember those guys?!?!). He was sick and only played 3 or 4 songs before walking off stage. Bonerkill.

Oh yeah, Earthling is Bowie's DnB album.

It's also one of few I don't have.

I remember when it came out I had a mixed reaction because it was at the height of my obsession with both David Bowie and Jungle. For some reason, however, I was frightened to approach it.

I'll have to pick it up next time I see it.

ah. i like some of the older ones and then i got into one of his more recent albums 'hours'.

so not heard outside. does phil collins play drums on any of it? does he? eh? unlikely!

actually i mostly listen to the best of david bowies farts collection 1979-1998

isnt even on discogs as its so fucking rare

IN UR FACE real fan *pumps fist* *high fives a cat* *hamster dance*

Bowie pretty much always sounds kinda gay. his shining music moments are mostly the ones where he's not singing much. that whole B side of Low is stellar.

the only way i can get excited about Bowie is when he's acting. that's what the guy should be, an actor. loving him there (no homo).

Rykodisc re-issued all of Bowie's LPs around 1990. Almost all of them include bonus tracks. The All Saints stuff is included in those releases. The best ones are Young Americans, Low, Heroes, Ziggy Stardust and Scary Monsters. If you can track them down, they are a fabulous listen.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
his shining music moments are mostly the ones where he's not singing much.

please tell me you're kidding. he's one of the best singers in rock music for sure.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
Rykodisc re-issued all of Bowie's LPs around 1990. Almost all of them include bonus tracks. The All Saints stuff is included in those releases. The best ones are Young Americans, Low, Heroes, Ziggy Stardust and Scary Monsters. If you can track them down, they are a fabulous listen.

"abdulmajid" from heroes is so ahead of it's time it's ridiculous.

Guest feargus
i like the lou reeds album that bowie produced. its banging

Bowie is an artist ull keep going back to, most of us discover him between 15 to 17 move on for a few years to what's new at the time, rediscover him in our 20s, forget about him and then go back again. This guy stands the test of time and is still releasing great music.

i like the lou reeds album that bowie produced. its banging

Tansformer.

That was possibly the first "cool" album I owned. I was 10. I still love the shit out of that one. It is a perfect album.

Highlight: Bowie's backup vocals at the end of Satellite of Love.

Guest MajaIloveyou

Because eno by himself is great, but Eno+Bowie is massive win, you never heard the berlin trilogy? GTFO u dumbass

There's no such thing as "gay" with Bowie. Like Morrissey, these type of musicians allow the rigid heteros to ease up a bit without fear that it's gonna stick that way or someone is gonna call them out on it.

A crowd of 100 burly London iron workers hugging Morrissey's neck one after the other in a line on stage can't be wrong.

<3 Moz

Guest Calx Sherbet

Because eno by himself is great, but Eno+Bowie is massive win, you never heard the berlin trilogy? GTFO u dumbass

There's no such thing as "gay" with Bowie. Like Morrissey, these type of musicians allow the rigid heteros to ease up a bit without fear that it's gonna stick that way or someone is gonna call them out on it.

A crowd of 100 burly London iron workers hugging Morrissey's neck one after the other in a line on stage can't be wrong.

<3 Moz

MORRISSEY1.jpg

Archived