IGNORED

is it just me, or does google's autocorrect suck?

modey

most of the time, when i'm searching for something, i know how to spell it, and if it's something obscure that is similar to something spelt differently, google 'helpfully suggests' what i 'might' be after, to the extent of not actually giving me the results i'm looking for. for example, i was looking for 'chanel 9', the fast show sketch, and got this:

google.jpg

i know i could use quotes, or include the term 'fast show' to narrow it down, but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn off the autocorrect feature. it's happened to me a few times now, it's ridiculous!

redirecting you to the more correct/popular search is a new feature, but you can bypass it by prefixing your keyword with a +plus.

well there you go

Guest assegai

chrome's spell check sucks, a lot of the time it'l tell you you spelled something wrong without giving you a suggestion. If it doesn't know the correct spelling than how does it know you've spelled it wrong?

Guest Enter a new display name
chrome's spell check sucks, a lot of the time it'l tell you you spelled something wrong without giving you a suggestion. If it doesn't know the correct spelling than how does it know you've spelled it wrong?

I, also, find it annoying. Firefox's spell check is almost perfect though.

Guest spraaaa

it pisses me off when I read about something, say on craigslist, search for it, and get the page I was on in the first 3 results. can't trust them anymore.

Archived