IGNORED

recommend me a cd burning application

takeshi

Guest ms-dos

yep, toast. it does almost everything and it's really easy to use. the newer versions have been getting a little bloated, but then again, i'm running a g4 with 512MB of RAM.

Guest Space Coyote

I believe Windows XP has a built in media player and cd burning. Perhaps you could run it as a virtual machine in Parallels

Guest Pilcat
I believe Windows XP has a built in media player and cd burning. Perhaps you could run it as a virtual machine in Parallels

lol

toast or burn.

What's wrong with iTunes though?

I keep getting an error saying there's a problem with the "laser power level" whenever I try to burn a cd. And I've looked around on Apple's boards and no one seems to know what the problem is besides the fact that it has to do with one of the latest iTunes updates. Apple won't even acknowledge the problem. That's just the latest problem I've had with them. I have an iPod so I'll still use iTunes for putting music on it and the fact that iTunes gets all the track info for my cds is useful.

Guest JW Modestburns
toast or burn.

I keep getting an error saying there's a problem with the "laser power level" whenever I try to burn a cd. And I've looked around on Apple's boards and no one seems to know what the problem is besides the fact that it has to do with one of the latest iTunes updates. Apple won't even acknowledge the problem. That's just the latest problem I've had with them. I have an iPod so I'll still use iTunes for putting music on it and the fact that iTunes gets all the track info for my cds is useful.

what type of blank media are you using? I have had this same problem with my macbook pro when burning DVDs. The error is something along the lines of "cannot calibrate laser power level". I fixed it by buying verbatim datalife plus DVD-Rs. These seem to work for me.

Have you tried just burning the cd from the finder? does that work or do you get the same error?

toast or burn.

Hmm curiouser and curiouser. I haven't burnt a CD for ages, but toast works fine for me when I do.

See if any of those other programs give you similar error messages...

Guest Saskrotch

thats why you don't update something that works fine. i'm still on version 6.

but toast is good too

It sounds like your issue is more with the type of media you're using, rather than iTunes - I would try the built-in burning app to see if you get the same message with the same kind of media (I bet you will) - in that case, just buy different media.

Guest telikan

I've been using toast for dvds for like four years, but I'm just starting to love it now for CDs-- custom crossfades!

Archived