IGNORED

move over idm, dubstep, etc

Guest maantecaaa!!!

I like dancehall and grime but don't like reggaeton or baile funk. Because, as Zaphod said, I think that reggaeton and baile funk are shit.

Are you really trying to say that reggaeton and baile funk aren't repetitive beats? Yeah there's a little more syncopation to the beat, but the rhythm doesn't change all over the place.

Also, laser/SF sounds in reggae influenced music is hardly new.

Guest Alban Arthuan

well yeah that too, but i lived in the birthplace of stupid reggaeton for 25 yrs. im bound to like a track or 2.

Guest catsonearth
lol why does this board have such a large amount of self loathing on it? do people who listen to electronic music just instinctively hate everyone else who listens to it? you especially seem to always post things like this in an attempt to "keep it real" or whatever and it always just comes off like you're on a high horse trying to tell people what they should and shouldn't like and then attributing a bunch of things (we don't dance, we take drugs, etc) to a large group of what basically would qualify as your peers. it's so weird...i can't think of this kind of smug self hatred existing within other fan circles, but it probably does. maybe people think this is shit because it's....shit? i dunno....

this is really hilarious coming from you, dude. you are the king of running up in a thread and proclaiming your opinion from the mountaintops, which most of the time amounts to: THIS IS THE WORST SHIT I'VE EVER SEEN/HEARD/READ, ETC., ETC.

the fact of the matter is, if you run around shitting and running as so many people on this board do, just dropping little pellets of useless, usually negative, opinion regarding something that other people may actually find value in eventually someone is going to get really annoyed with it. rarely does someone ever explain what they don't like about something or try to inquire what other people are getting out of it to see what they could be missing. even if i don't like something i always try to be respectful of other people's opinions and feelings by pointing out what i'm not enjoying about it (critiquing vs. just dissing) or at the very least i'll ask somebody to try to break down the appeal for me. most of us go through our lives by stereotyping constantly, which is only natural, but at the same time by doing that you're really limiting yourself because you're only really scratching the surface of something and making a judgment on it then moving on with your life with a permanent check mark next to that topic like - ok, i've made up my mind about this, now onto the next thing. to people that are a little more open minded about shit, that is really fucking annoying and disrespectful.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

wow, i just thought this particular genre of reggaeton was kind of funny. RELAX people.

here, this will cheer you up:

in l.a., reggaeton is not too big, at least not outside of the latin community. last november i went to nyc with my gf and had drinks at this bar in hoboken, nj. the music was top 40'ish kind of stuff, and the crowd was mixed, with all kinds of ethnicities there. at one point a reggaeton song came on. everyone in the place literally looked at each other, jumped out of their seats and started dancing and cheering. my gf and i were totally confused. it was actually kind of awesome.

Guest Glass Plate
Name some genres that have been invented by rich people

Electronic music's pioneers were inventors, engineers, and mathematicians whose curiosity-driven research was funded and supported by their employers and business partners.

Jamaican dub scene did as much to innovate not to mention make popular the forms of electronic production, and they where low class engineers. (Luke Perry, King tubby etc.)

Acid/House music - Detroit and Chicago Low Class

HIP HOP MUSIC - Brooklyn lower class.

When it comes to the first Electronic music pioneers they took mostly an ivory towery route and wasn't appreciated by the masses, it was black culture once again that proliferated and wide spread many electronic production techniques.

Guest catsonearth
Jamaican dub scene did as much to innovate not to mention make popular the forms of electronic production, and they where low class engineers. (Luke Perry, King tubby etc.)

lol

Classical music was largely aristocratic during its prime and set the foundation of music theory used by almost every other form of music used today.

umm.. middle class people*(*-liberal extention of meaning dair) as per usual mate ... they were jockeying for position .. to impress the uber rich nobility ... before that it was the church that was the driving force behind western musical innovation ... so monks sworn to poverty .. stil aint' rich biatch ... all the rich were doing was bankrolling ... but sponsoring innovation with capital that wouldn't have existed without the tireless slaving of the masses doesn't bring the accolade of actual creation ... might as well have said that the serfs wrote the ...

Electronic music's pioneers were inventors, engineers, and mathematicians whose curiosity-driven research was funded and supported by their employers and business partners.

1214_0.jpg

Guest zaphod
lol why does this board have such a large amount of self loathing on it? do people who listen to electronic music just instinctively hate everyone else who listens to it? you especially seem to always post things like this in an attempt to "keep it real" or whatever and it always just comes off like you're on a high horse trying to tell people what they should and shouldn't like and then attributing a bunch of things (we don't dance, we take drugs, etc) to a large group of what basically would qualify as your peers. it's so weird...i can't think of this kind of smug self hatred existing within other fan circles, but it probably does. maybe people think this is shit because it's....shit? i dunno....

this is really hilarious coming from you, dude. you are the king of running up in a thread and proclaiming your opinion from the mountaintops, which most of the time amounts to: THIS IS THE WORST SHIT I'VE EVER SEEN/HEARD/READ, ETC., ETC.

the fact of the matter is, if you run around shitting and running as so many people on this board do, just dropping little pellets of useless, usually negative, opinion regarding something that other people may actually find value in eventually someone is going to get really annoyed with it. rarely does someone ever explain what they don't like about something or try to inquire what other people are getting out of it to see what they could be missing. even if i don't like something i always try to be respectful of other people's opinions and feelings by pointing out what i'm not enjoying about it (critiquing vs. just dissing) or at the very least i'll ask somebody to try to break down the appeal for me. most of us go through our lives by stereotyping constantly, which is only natural, but at the same time by doing that you're really limiting yourself because you're only really scratching the surface of something and making a judgment on it then moving on with your life with a permanent check mark next to that topic like - ok, i've made up my mind about this, now onto the next thing. to people that are a little more open minded about shit, that is really fucking annoying and disrespectful.

read more of my posts then, or don't. i really don't fucking care anymore, but i say as much positive stuff as i do negative. i was responding to analogue wings because he's always made posts like this, in threads relating specifically to the music we all supposedly listen to, and i find it strange and kind of funny.

honestly dude, the only things i've flat out shat on on this messageboard are movies and battlestar galactica. and i've made a conscious effort to lighten up on the movie front. do i have to explain myself like this, every time i say something remotely negative, when most people on this board seem to troll for fun and never contribute anything worthwhile? also you, specifically, have always come across as annoyingly pompous when you constantly proclaim how open minded you think you are.

Archived