IGNORED

Lego Feet > Incunabula

Guest theSun

Ah, I always sort of ignored that project for unknown reasons. I just heard it for the first time, quite impressed actually, especially concerning it's age. Incunabula is pretty different I think, so it's not really comparable, except for the fact that they were released after each other and had the same creators.

A3 does have some old Autechre samples in though, pretty cool. Thanks for pointing this release out!

Guest beavis14996

Incunabula is the masterpiece from early 90s and it's way better than Lego Feet or Cavity Job --> NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

Lego Feet just sounds really inspired I think. Like they were really enjoying what they were doing while wearing backwards baseball caps and their hoodies tied round their waists.

Guest theSun

lego feet just sounds much more creative and so so so so far removed from other shit that was released in 1991, even more so than other autechre releases.

incunabula is great in its own right, but sometimes it just sounds cheesy. lego feet sounds more like it came from humans who were indeed expert knob twiddlers.

cavity job is ok, but i think lego feet is head and shoulders above anything they wrote until 1995.

i'm at work now so i can't really say the exact parts that make me jizz, but i'll be sure to do that later.

its been a while since I listened to this. At first I wasn't into it because it was too oldschool/dance sounding but I'm giving it a re-go now and I'm digging it

also lego feet is an awful name, I'm very glad they switched to Autechre

lego feet just sounds much more creative and so so so so far removed from other shit that was released in 1991, even more so than other autechre releases.

incunabula is great in its own right, but sometimes it just sounds cheesy. lego feet sounds more like it came from humans who were indeed expert knob twiddlers.

cavity job is ok, but i think lego feet is head and shoulders above anything they wrote until 1995.

i'm at work now so i can't really say the exact parts that make me jizz, but i'll be sure to do that later.

yeah i don't really see how Obel can compare Cavity job to Lego Feet but i think Incunabula is still a fantastic album, i like both equally.

Lego Feet is just something most Autechre fans probably havent heard or aren't willing to take super seriously because its never been officially confirmed to be Autechre.

Like they were really enjoying what they were doing while wearing backwards baseball caps and their hoodies tied round their waists.

this sounds like a description of most of their DJ sets

Guest theSun

it just seems like they didn't fuck around on lego feet. they had in your face beats that are more reminiscent of their late 90s stuff. incunabula sounds like music written for something, either clubs or movies or whatever, lego feet seems more.... i don't know, but i fucking love the whole vibe.

yeah i don't really see how Obel can compare Cavity job to Lego Feet but i think Incunabula is still a fantastic album, i like both equally.

Whoa, I never said that.

Actually... I've still not heard Cavity Job..

Guest theSun
Actually... I've still not heard Cavity Job..

it's pretty good, definitely worth a listen but not quite a proper release to me.

i still can't believe this was made in '91

Guest Aces
it just seems like they didn't fuck around on lego feet. they had in your face beats that are more reminiscent of their late 90s stuff. incunabula sounds like music written for something, either clubs or movies or whatever, lego feet seems more.... i don't know, but i fucking love the whole vibe.

A few of the tracks on incunabula could have done at around the same time. Lowride being an obvious candidate.

• 2 weeks later...

where's a good place to buy this download? the Skam shop appears to be closed :( I'll use slsk if I have to.

I used to have a pretty shitty rip of this on mp3, would like to have a FLAC version.

but yeah it's top notch. I didn't realize it was from 1991, that is pretty amazing! still sounds fresh as hell and like nothing else really.

Archived