IGNORED

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

Guest idrn

Guest idrn

n696085524_7081434_5959694.jpg

pepper, ricotta, parmasan i picked up in milan, spinach, garlic, shallots, aubergine, rocket, bargain asparagus, bargain pizza

4566_205767790524_696085524_7081439_1766432_n.jpg

pizza cooked for half time to get a solid cheese top

4566_205767915524_696085524_7081445_8289510_n.jpg

ricotta, salt and steamed spinach mixed and piled on top... followed by extra virgin olive oil sweated shallot, pepper, aubergine and garlic... followed by steamed and buttered asparagus...

n696085524_7081449_401167.jpg

back in the oven...

n696085524_7081447_768168.jpg

topped with grated parmasan, pepper, rocket and tomato...

4566_205768080524_696085524_7081448_4848393_n.jpg

nom nom nom nom nom nom

i kind of think you should put less effort in to everything else (steaming veg, buttering veg, frying stuff in olive oil) and make your own pizza dough and sauce

but yea, i bought pizza bases today and toppings, but then i forgot a cheese appropriate for pizza, because there was a load of OK cheese for really cheap, made me forget about pizza

Guest idrn

the asparagus was what tied it all together - the ricotta was quite full on palate spectrum, with all the other flavours present but independent... after i took a chunk with the nice flowery end of the an asparagus (asparagi?) it was all like, WHOOOAAAASHHAAAM and i jizzed in my pants.

next time id add little strips of parma ham, i think theyd have the same affect as the asparagus but with a completely different result.

I get really angry and upset when people turn their noses up at perfectly decent veg like asparagus.

*adds karmakramer, Stoppit and Gary C to watmm shitlist*

Get some asparagus, as fresh as possible, parboil for a couple of minutes then roast in the oven. Finish with butter or decent olive oil, salt and pepper.

Guest idrn
i kind of think you should put less effort in to everything else (steaming veg, buttering veg, frying stuff in olive oil) and make your own pizza dough and sauce

but yea, i bought pizza bases today and toppings, but then i forgot a cheese appropriate for pizza, because there was a load of OK cheese for really cheap, made me forget about pizza

mate, it was all about the tesco reduced aisle - thats why the first pic is so important. pizza £2.10, asparagus 32p. the rest of the shit i had left over from pasta adventures...

I get really angry and upset when people turn their noses up at perfectly decent veg like asparagus.

*adds karmakramer, Stoppit and Gary C to watmm shitlist*

Get some asparagus, as fresh as possible, parboil for a couple of minutes then roast in the oven. Finish with butter or decent olive oil, salt and pepper.

Wrap some asparagus in some bacon and put them in the oven. Make some aioli and BAM! It's a brilliant first course.

Guest Stoppit

I would like to point out that I'm not entirely anti-asparagus..but I think a pizza should have more base than topping..I don't want to be munching through half an allotment before I get to the dough.

asparagus is good

something to have next your steak

asparagus is perfectly fine, i'm just not sure i want it on a pizza i'm eating

i thought of my post for minutes and then basically the same post had been posted

last post

Well good. After the dr Oetker debacle, watmm could do without another schism.

I had a housemate for a shortwhile (foreign type, you wouldn't have liked him) who started buying asparagus. I noticed he was cutting off the tender flower and stem and only eating the chewy stalks. When I pointed out that you actually ate the whole thing, he was so vain and pompous he refused to acknowledge his mistake citing some kind of made up cultural difference and continued to eat asparagus like this for the next two months. So from that point on I had a regular supply of free asparagus, with the tougher stalk kindly removed.

I know it's essentially the same, but I would of had a side salad. It looks all wrong piled on top like that, and wouldn't your rocket etc get all warm and weird? Salad should never be warm and weird. Other than that it's all good, I've had asparagus on pizza before!

Archived