IGNORED

UK food isle.

Guest countchocula

Guest Coalbucket PI
BOVRIL

i bought some of this thinking it was a marmite knock-off. to my horror its milky beef drink.

Milky?

If it's milky you're doing it wrong.

I made a bovril thread a while back. It was amazing.

why, do you just use water? i heard youre meant to use milk.

Yeah, boiling water...I dunno, maybe you can use milk - i've never tried it.

It's also very nice on toast (no water or milk required)

bovril is basically the same thing as marmite. and wtf milky bovril?

why the FUCK was there heinz baked beans in the UK food isle? If I would have been there, I would have blown that shit back to the AMERICAN FOOD ISLE with my BAZOOKA.

There are substantial differences between the Heinz baked beans sold in the UK and the nearest equivalent US product (Heinz Premium Vegetarian Beans). The US beans contain brown sugar where the British beans do not, and the US product contains 14g of sugar per tin compared to 7g for the British version (equating to 140 vs 90 calories). The US beans have a mushier texture and are darker in colour than their UK counterpart. For several years, the UK Heinz Baked Beans have been available in the US, either in different sized cans than those sold in the UK or in a 385 gram can (the same can as the 415 gram can in the UK) with an "export" label with American English spelling and the word "baked" dropped from the title on the label. These are sold in many US specialty stores

Archived