IGNORED

The Beatles: RockBand Official Trailer

Joyrex

Guest Drahken

These kind of games provide a lot of lulz when you encounter people who think they can play guitar because they can do it in rockband. The same goes for people who think they are leet dancers because of DDR.

Real instruments would be massive, some sort of karaoke/learning tool for real playing. Just imagine how easier and "cooler" it would be to learn Paul' basslines instead of going by ear. Give the game tools to learn tablature and partitions slowly that way! But that wouldn't be as "fun" for the ADD generation.

Anyway, going back to that game, there are 292 official Beatles song. Which one will make the cut?

i wanna see a track-list for the game

When I saw her standing there

I Want to Hold Your Hand

I Feel Fine

Daytripper

Taxman

I Am The Walrus

Back In The U.S.S.R.

Octopus's Garden

Here Comes The Sun

Get Back

With "All You Need Is Love" being exclusive to 360 with proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders. Also, Abbey Road will be the first full album available for purchase soon after the game comes out.

I Want to Hold Your Hand

I Feel Fine

Daytripper

Taxman

I Am The Walrus

Back In The U.S.S.R.

Octopus's Garden

Here Comes The Sun

Get Back

woah this is all that comes with a $50 game? that's less songs than on the Beatles greatest hits cd that just came out

insaley smart capitalism, make people pay for more songs as 'upgrades' as they come out

Real instruments would be massive, some sort of karaoke/learning tool for real playing. Just imagine how easier and "cooler" it would be to learn Paul' basslines instead of going by ear. Give the game tools to learn tablature and partitions slowly that way! But that wouldn't be as "fun" for the ADD generation.

Anyway, going back to that game, there are 292 official Beatles song. Which one will make the cut?

I don't think it's ADD-ish to want to play like a rock star/musician, and not want to invest the time in learning to play decent, especially for entertainment value. If anything, I think they should include features similar to what you're referring to (they already do in Rock Band 2 with the drum trainer parts), to give those who are interested in music a chance to learn the real thing.

I like these games a lot since they act like a 'gateway drug' for young kids to want to learn real music and instruments (my son is proof; he's been hinting at a bass guitar for his upcoming birthday).

I Want to Hold Your Hand

I Feel Fine

Daytripper

Taxman

I Am The Walrus

Back In The U.S.S.R.

Octopus's Garden

Here Comes The Sun

Get Back

woah this is all that comes with a $50 game? that's less songs than on the Beatles greatest hits cd that just came out

insaley smart capitalism, make people pay for more songs as 'upgrades' as they come out

No. That's only the first 10 tracks that have been announced. The full game will feature 45 tracks spanning their career.

And yes, you are right - they are going to make a shitton of money off this with releasing "full albums", at well more than what they would sell it for at retail as a CD ('cause it's interactive and all, natch)

yeah well you can easily pick-up most pop stuff by ear yeah .. but you can't just instantly throw togeather a band to perform with you when you're inspired at 05:54 in the morning yeah ..

The nice thing is, if you have Rockband 1 or 2, the instruments should work - you'll just need extras if you want to do triple vocals, or three guitars, etc.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

someone give paul mccartney another billion quid

gonna buy this for sure

I like these games a lot since they act like a 'gateway drug' for young kids to want to learn real music and instruments (my son is proof; he's been hinting at a bass guitar for his upcoming birthday).

heh ... get him an akiyama mio poster ... ;-]

fer inspiration like ..

Guest beatfanatic
The nice thing is, if you have Rockband 1 or 2, the instruments should work - you'll just need extras if you want to do triple vocals, or three guitars, etc.

I wish I had bought rock band instead of guitar hero so this time I would just have to buy the game itself. Ohh well I might just borrow the guitars and drums from a friend who has rock band but doesnt play it

instruments.jpg

!

looks awesome

Yeah, to get what you see there (plus a mic and the game), it will set you back 540USD. Fucking INSANE. The other guitar (the bottom one, I think) will be also sold separately for 99USD, which is 40USD more than what they sell the standard RB guitar for. Sure, it looks awesome, but for essentially a toy guitar? I dunno...

yeah, that's a total rip. its plastic buttons do the same thing, after all. i've stopped buying video games in lieu of tropical fish. so i'll be passing this one up, awesome though it does seem.

holy shit

do want

i actually got a bit overexcited watching that - there aren't many bands besides the beatles who can do that to me :)

One thing that a lot of music fans are talking about, is the fact that we are going to get seperated audio tracks for the songs. That is already amazing by itself, bootlegers and Beatles fans are drooling.

There is a 4-track seperated audio for a couple of Sgt. Peppers in circulation and its amazing.

holy shit

do want

i actually got a bit overexcited watching that - there aren't many bands besides the beatles who can do that to me :)

Yeah... I got a bit misty-eyed when "here comes the sun" came on. Beautiful.

Guest beatfanatic
holy shit

do want

Yeah... I got a bit misty-eyed when "here comes the sun" came on. Beautiful.

"Here comes the sun" is one of my favorite Beatles song ever. I always thing George Harrisson had so much potential but he was always under utilised.

instruments.jpg

!

looks awesome

Yeah, to get what you see there (plus a mic and the game), it will set you back 540USD. Fucking INSANE. The other guitar (the bottom one, I think) will be also sold separately for 99USD, which is 40USD more than what they sell the standard RB guitar for. Sure, it looks awesome, but for essentially a toy guitar? I dunno...

I believe that's a bass on the bottom. I always wanted to get one of those violin-shaped bass guitars.

The top one is Lennon's Rickenbacker 325 guitar, the middle is Harrison's Gretsch Jet guitar, and the bottom is McCartney's Hofner Bass, which is sold separately.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

BEATLES SUBFORUM

HEAT!

Archived