IGNORED

2 Japs - $134 billions in a suitcase

Guest Babar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge
so if i call a spanish person a Spaniard, or an Australian an Aussie, those are racist statements?

idiots.

Jap is not racist for fucks sake, thats like saying "Brit" is racist for British, I have yet to meet a Japanese person who finds "Jap" racist or offensive, and believe you me I meet a LOT of Japanese students from the Uni near me, and they do not find "Jap" offensive.

Guest Stoppit

I think it depends a lot on the history of the word's usage, rather than the word itself...

For example 'Paki' was generally used as an insult towards Pakistani immigrants coming to Britain in the 50s, and so it has negative connotations...whereas the term 'Brit' for British people was never really used in a negative way, so it isn't seen as offensive. I imagine the term 'Jap' became popular during WWII, and wasn't meant to be particularly friendly.

anyway, I'm tired and that's as in depth as I'm prepared to go about cultural sensitivity tonight.

Guest abusivegeorge

Isn't that because the word "paki" translated into a swear word though? I don't know I've tried googling and it just gives me word translators rather than meanings, but I'm pretty sure that's why.

Guest Stoppit

I'm not aware of Paki being a swear word, but that may be the case

Probably though, if you're Pakistani and you've heard that word shouted at you dozens of times, usually followed by suggestions such as 'fuck off home', and sometimes accompanied by bricks through windows etc, it soon becomes a term that you find a tad unfriendly.

Guest abusivegeorge
I'm not aware of Paki being a swear word, but that may be the case

Probably though, if you're Pakistani and you've heard that word shouted at you dozens of times, usually followed by suggestions such as 'fuck off home', and sometimes accompanied by bricks through windows etc, it soon becomes a term that you find a tad unfriendly.

Thats very, very true mate!

How about two slopeheads?

there is no country called Slopeheadia you fucking dolt. leave this website forever. no one here can stand your idiocy any longer.

so if i call a spanish person a Spaniard, or an Australian an Aussie, those are racist statements?

idiots.

Jap is not racist for fucks sake, thats like saying "Brit" is racist for British, I have yet to meet a Japanese person who finds "Jap" racist or offensive, and believe you me I meet a LOT of Japanese students from the Uni near me, and they do not find "Jap" offensive.

i know plenty of japanese people who wouldn't be too happy if they were called a jap. Everybody here who is saying its the same as Brit or Aussie are from the UK so maybe in the UK it's not considered racist? but over here it is becoming trendy again to use asian racial slurs in comedy. I just assumed Babar was dove tailing into the whole Carlos Mencia Sarah Silverman humor style. my bad!

Guest maantecaaa!!!
how can you be half gay

bi-furious IMO

Normally issues of this scale get swept under the table, I wonder why the press are aloud to write about this incident

i read on another site that this might have planned as a way for U.S. bonds to have a bad image associated with them (eg, counterfeit bonds). As to why it's being allowed to be reported on...who benefits??

Guest abusivegeorge

idiots.

i know plenty of japanese people who wouldn't be too happy if they were called a jap. Everybody here who is saying its the same as Brit or Aussie are from the UK so maybe in the UK it's not considered racist?

Thats a good point!

maybe it is the WWII historical significance, i mean honestly i really don't care i had a japanese girlfriend at one point in my life so maybe i'm just more sensitive to it's usage. although sometimes i do throw careless N-words around as well as 'Hard Js'.

Guest AOOproductions

these two guys could be the missing link to Americas Economic Recession! Hurray. America back to business as usual.

Guest abusivegeorge
maybe it is the WWII historical significance, i mean honestly i really don't care i had a japanese girlfriend at one point in my life so maybe i'm just more sensitive to it's usage. although sometimes i do throw careless N-words around as well as 'Hard Js'.

I just been on the phone to my nan, and asked her this very question and she said "You should say Japanese really, because jap was used as not a very nice word you see, from when I was young like you know?"

So yeah you're right I guess lol, God bless my nan.

lol at people thinking Jap is not offensive...

also if those bonds are real, Italy just came into like a 40 billion dollar windfall.

Guest Rambo
lol at people thinking Jap is not offensive...

yeah but it does depend who you ask; i'm pretty sure it's not universally seen as racist. I bet if you went round Japan you'd get different answers.

Any Japanese who knows enough English to understand the context would probably be offended. Or any Japanese old enough to remember WW2.

there is no country called Slopeheadia you fucking dolt. leave this website forever. no one here can stand your idiocy any longer.

any longer? Is that 2 demerits now?

Guest newmac
allowed you dumb shit

sorry for being a foreigner

don't apologize , i commend you for not being an OCD laden concerned about perfect typing douche bag

OCD laden head of the taliban... alah who akbar

Can one of you edumacated folks 'splain how these bonds work as fiduciary instruments? I never understood how the largest denomination of US currency is 100 dollars, yet there exist these other pieces of paper that apparently entitle the bearer to 500 million. Would love to see what one looks like

Guest dese manz hatin
dont apologize for being a fucking idiot

lol... how many foreign languages do you know again?

Archived