IGNORED

Apple can suck my fucking dick with its iphone update

Guest Mr Salads

oh and btw as a serious response to joshier: it takes about 20 minutes to jailbreak your iPhone/iPod touch.

yeah but then you can't do updates because it isn't signed.

i have no doubt that someone will develop a mod similar to the latest psp 'unbreakable' firmware one soon - essentially it incorporates both official and homebrew firmware, and can switch between the two as needed (when the metal queries the firmware, it's official, when the user does, it's custom). i would imagine VM-based and therefore very trendy

an interesting thing is that archos explicitly state replacing the firmware on your player voids your warranty. and they explicitly mention rockbox. surprised apple don't have similar

oh and btw as a serious response to joshier: it takes about 20 minutes to jailbreak your iPhone/iPod touch.

yeah but then you can't do updates because it isn't signed.

Umm I've updated my iPod touch without any hassles. I need to grab the 3.0 firmware from somewhere...

my shiny new 32gb phone showed up in a box that looked like it fell out of someone's ass. loving the landscape keyboard, don't think i could deal with hunt and peck for messaging. scared i'm gonna drop it or get some hella screen scratch.

Archived