IGNORED

Do you know what a browser is?

chaosmachine

Guest blicero
I'd like to know the percentage of people who could correctly answer the question "do you know what a Bowser is?"

"Do you know what a browser is?, 92% of people asked... don't."

Guest Iain C
I'd like to know the percentage of people who could correctly answer the question "do you know what a Bowser is?"

You beat me to it, except I was going to say "That's easy, he's the boss of Mario right?" which would have been funnier. FUNNIER!

Guest blicero

i think all the remarks on the browser being a search engine are due to the interviewer telling them he is from Google. I think that more often, people confuse browser with OS. I often have users tell me their browser is "Vista"

Guest Iain C

I actually think it's really great that we've reached a stage where people can actually use computers and the internet without knowing even the most rudimentary of technical terms. Accessability is a good thing... isn't it?

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
I actually think it's really great that we've reached a stage where people can actually use computers and the internet without knowing even the most rudimentary of technical terms. Accessability is a good thing... isn't it?

I agree. The downside is that its difficult to advertise something to a group of people who dont know what it is thats being advertised. So chrome for example, most people apparently wouldn't know what that is in relation to what they have. I would think though that people who don't know what a browser is wouldn't care to have a different one, if the one they had didnt work properly they would probably know what it is.

I guess this really boils down to, who cares IE/Firefox works, who needs chrome. make something innovative and call me back.

Guest blicero

i don't think "browser" is "the most rudimentary of technical terms"

Google would probably be better off not calling it Google Chrome... and just separate Google from the name, otherwise (dumb) people will assume it is a search product.

might want to read what you quoted again ;p

Guest blicero

might want to read what you quoted again ;p

why? 100 - 92 = 8...

oh, lol.

I honestly can't tell if your answer is some form of irony or if you just didn't RTFQ.

Guest blicero

I honestly can't tell if your answer is some form of irony or if you just didn't RTFQ.

i didn't RTFQ

LOL...kind of. I mean information and access should be avialble for all, but then I start reading youtube comments.

blicero: no coffee yet? lol easy mistake to make though...

Guest IRARI

You beat me to it, except I was going to say "That's easy, he's the boss of Mario right?" which would have been funnier. FUNNIER!

dammit i was going to say something like that!

also this is totally just like Jay Leno's jaywalking; just video a bunch of people and then edit it so it proves your point.

Archived