IGNORED

Donkey Kong music is fucking IDM

thehauntingsoul

oops, must have stumbled upon some jj2 music that said it was alex brandon. he's still one of my favourites though, for pc music anyway!

and there's still good music in games, just unfortunately not many (if any) commercial ones anymore. i personally haven't come across an indie game with a soundtrack that i didn't like!

Me too (second is probably the Schala theme from Chrono Trigger or the Final Hours track on Zelda Majora's Mask ), in fact that track was what made me want to make music.

The aformentioned Zelda track could almost be something by Bola -

yeah, this one is beautiful!

I loved Majora's Mask and its music, I never played Ocarina of Time though

I'm thinking I want to re-make some songs from DK without changing them at all but just give them better quality sound, like harder hitting beats and clearer, wider synth, i dunno.

I think there'll be programs out there that will actually sort of pull apart the .spc's, so you could export the individual tracks to wav and mix/noise reduce/polish them up if you wanted to.

Saskrotch probably knows cos he got annoyed when I said something wrong about emulation and music in the MJ/sonic thread :P

yeah basically any DAW can use MIDI files too. theres this site, www.vgmusic.com and some ppl have nailed it with the midi recreations. I use reason, and I know for a fact that you can open midis and it will split the tracks up automatically

i've been listening a lot to the Deus Ex soundtrack lately ... those who've played the game know why

[youtubehd]d2h53Yg-AQo[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]nBPK_oXeJgA[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]RgIE6Pb_MFE[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]Wja0RWvSOqY[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]uHQZNNajxOk&[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]mF_ih1V9ZP8[/youtubehd]

fuck yeah! the deus ex soundtrack would have to be my favourite soundtrack ever. man i need to find my deus ex cd, i really want to play it again.

Guest dial

Dreamweb OST is amazing ..

[youtubehd]OABx1PjPnQA[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]DRN2hhXOhNM[/youtubehd]

Guest Adjective

My thoughts - I'm gonna quote myself here:

m6eazpma.jpg

That's my cover art from back then. :D

that's awesome

i used to love making little single cassette releases of stuff i made with a karaoke machine and giving it to some random guy at school

Archived