IGNORED

first wave hardcore

Guest Iain C

Guest Iain C

I fucking love early hardcore, it's some of my favourite music to listen to in the summer. This sort of music just feels right when you're wearing a wifebeater and drinking cheap beer. Outside of the obvious Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Black Flag etc., do you have any recommendations for me to listen to? I'm no expert and I want some awesome hardcore for the hottest day of the year.

Guest zaphod

i dunno about first wave but i've been listening to refused - the shape of punk to come a lot lately. that's late nineties though (i think).

Guest tv_party

don't know if these exactly fit into what you're looking for but,

stormtroopers of death, tsol, dri

As well as the stuff already mentioned

Agnostic Front, Angry Samoans, 7seconds, Circle Jerks, SS Decontrol, Negative Approach, State of Alert, Rites of Spring, Cro-Mags, Dag Nasty, JFA, Jerry's Kids

Get on it innit.

Guest Iain C

thanks for the recommendations everybody - predictably I drank myself to sleep by 6pm. Will check these out tomorrow with a few more beers!

Guest abracadabra

Get the Flex Your Head compilation, it has been a Summer favorite on-the-go for me.

also, I've never heard the term "First Wave"

Guest Iain C

My idiosyncratic terminology I guess... just referring to anything from the early-mid 1980s I suppose, like I said I'm far from an expert on the genre and I've heard a lot of very shitty contemporary hardcore bands!

Checked out Start Today by Gorilla Biscuits by the way - great record!

My idiosyncratic terminology I guess... just referring to anything from the early-mid 1980s I suppose, like I said I'm far from an expert on the genre and I've heard a lot of very shitty contemporary hardcore bands!

Checked out Start Today by Gorilla Biscuits by the way - great record!

They don't get better than that as far as late '80s straightedge hardcore.

I was lucky enough to see them live in 1990.

not exactly a music recommendation, but you should peep this documentary..

some good interviews etc.

excellent, EXCELLENT movie...

god I love hardcore.

newer hardcore is nice too, but its a little hard to get into if you are used to Minor Threat.

Bands like Orchid, Capsule, Victor Fix the Sun and so on....great stuff though.

Archived