IGNORED

watmm next gen emoticons

keltoi

I've got a few that I've been working on, but if anyone else wants to take a stab:

• No bigger than 20x20px (unless they for some reason need to be wider, not taller than 20px)
  • be transparent PNG (24 bit) - no shitty GIFs.

They should be in a similar style to the existing emoticons, unless your style justifies some change

someone make an emoticon out of this

afxdance.gif

Oh holy fuck no

That's another thing: No scanned emoticons/made from images - only line artwork, to keep the style consistent.

Needs a :joyrex: papa avatar . Keep all the old ones.

p.s.: The youtube thread is fucked up, doesn't show the entire page

Seems alright to me...

I'd nominate a small version of your PS3 Guy Smiley (he really looks like him!) avatar as :papa: ! No avatar should be bigger than 30x30 unless it's an exception.. o rly?

Guest 277: 930-933

It'd be cool to get members to take photos of themselves expressing various emotions and using those.

Fuck style.

I'd nominate a small version of your PS3 Guy Smiley (he really looks like him!) avatar as :papa: ! No avatar should be bigger than 30x30 unless it's an exception.. o rly?

Yeah, like the ORLY? owl - he's long, due to his pop-out sign...

that Guy Smiley head is Buzz, from the Buzz! Quiz TV game on PS3 and PSP I am very fond of... he's a lot like me (personality-wise) in fact...

It'd be cool to get members to take photos of themselves expressing various emotions and using those.

Fuck style.

The whole point of emoticons is to convey a clear message - I don't think small images of people nobody knows well would do that.

Guest Babar

Researchers in psychology have shown americans rely on the mouth in order to interpet a smiley while japanese people are more likely to focus on the eyes :

american :

:)   :(   :|   :D   :P

japanese :

^_^   n_n    T_T   ô_O   -_-   >_<   ¬_¬" @_@ U_U[i] [/i]ToT

says wikipedia. Maibe we should take this into account in order to diversify/improve the smiley

and we should have a jazzband smiley

Researchers in psychology have shown americans rely on the mouth in order to interpet a smiley while japanese people are more likely to focus on the eyes :

american :

:)   :(   :|   :D   :P 

japanese :

^_^   n_n    T_T   ô_O   -_-   >_<   ¬_¬" @_@ U_U[i] [/i]ToT

says wikipedia. Maibe we should take this into account in order to diversify/improve the smiley

and we should have a jazzband smiley

Oh yes, we totally need a little jazzband of smilies playing!

Guest Fishtank

I'd like to second the Ice Water With Ice emoticon

it's important to all communitation variables

Archived