IGNORED

Man Lives Debt Free, Work Free

Joyrex

Guest analogue wings

asnd they are spending it on things that make them less dependent on my money, unlike the other 99% of people who are taking my money

yeah what are they gonna do when the government stops their benefits? Are they entitled to benefits for life?

Surely you don't have a problem with people who are able to work actually being made to work....

Guest joshier

One of the rules I live by is never rejecting anything 100% because typically I could take advantage of certain elements of it.

This guy is rejecting all senses of money because of some personal moral issue that conflicts with his ideals, however because he has gone so anti, he's loosing the few key benefits he could be taking.

I, too, one day hope to build my own house and live off very little and it'll be underground. The interior will be ultra futuristic with separate rooms for music/entertainment/relaxing.

Guest analogue wings

yeah what are they gonna do when the government stops their benefits? Are they entitled to benefits for life?

Surely you don't have a problem with people who are able to work actually being made to work....

the house is fully paid for, and it has a large vegetable garden.

this is new zealand, no one gets their benefit "stopped" here and no one ever will. don't you live in canada right now?

Guest my usernames always really suck

implying it's easy to find work right now

Guest Mr Salads

I, too, one day hope to build my own house and live off very little and it'll be underground. The interior will be ultra futuristic with separate rooms for music/entertainment/relaxing.

Underground to protect from the rays nigga

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

freegans seem to be getting more and more press these days too. i guess this guy is one but so much more

the house is fully paid for, and it has a large vegetable garden.

this is new zealand, no one gets their benefit "stopped" here and no one ever will. don't you live in canada right now?

Yeah and I'm having to resubmit paperwork for government subsidies for my daughter's daycare (which will not cover the full amount).

I also have to pay healthcare premiums.

Anyways, sounds like they're having a good laugh on the taxpayer's dollar. Power to them.

planetoid: it might not be easy to find work in the field you want....but there are jobs out there.

Guest taxman

man i know a lot of people who should be living like this guy.

my brother has been trying to but my parents keep tracking him down and putting him in a hospital because he has schizoaffective disorder. i think the choice to live out in the wilderness is legit, though my parents don't seem to think so.

Guest my usernames always really suck

planetoid: it might not be easy to find work in the field you want....but there are jobs out there.

If I can't find work in the field that I'm perfectly qualified for, how would I find work in a field I have no education or experience in? Better than "how" -- why would I?

this man is what civilised people call a homeless bum. he's slightly better than some other homeless bums, because he's not a drain on society, bar his friends willing charity (he's not as good as sini in his homeless bum phrase though)- but let's not beat around the bush, this man is a smelly homeless bum who eats bugs. he is probably not entirely with it.

If I can't find work in the field that I'm perfectly qualified for, how would I find work in a field I have no education or experience in? Better than "how" -- why would I?

Manual labor - suck it up

Why - food is good.

Guest placidburp

I loved this story! I wish I could live in a cave. But there arent many near me...an, I dont thin kI coud eat bugs an shit., but still...fucking good on the guy!

Guest taxman

manual labor is a good time anyway. cool people, exercise, in a lot of cases you get a sun tan, you get home feeling worn the fuck out but you have money food and medicine so it's cool. i like manual labor... i've done it for a long time.

so what? he isn't living free. he's using services that are allowed to exist and paid for by working citizen's taxes.

he's just reaping benefits without paying. if everyone did this and the public library had to closed, his story wouldn't be so 'grand', now would it?

Guest taxman

i'm sure the guy could live without his blog just fine. everyone could live without a lot of things they have.

this is new zealand, no one gets their benefit "stopped" here and no one ever will.

wait, you're in New Zealand? Are you telling me weed flew all the way out there to fuck you?

Guest joshier

if i had to live homeless it may be some kind of tropical place where i could just live off fruit like bananas, coconuts etc. or maybe new zealand perhaps.

Guest zaphod

so this guy is just a grandiose self deluded tramp living in a cave who will probably die alone, basically

manual labor is a good time anyway. cool people, exercise, in a lot of cases you get a sun tan, you get home feeling worn the fuck out but you have money food and medicine so it's cool. i like manual labor... i've done it for a long time.

The problem is, unless you're resigned to your fate when you can't work or get around like an able-bodied person can (you'll get old some day), manual labour will no longer be an option and unless you carefully plan for those days, you're fucked unless socialized medicine is available in your country.

Archived