IGNORED

neil young sub forum petition

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

do you know cinnamon girl, cowgirl in the sand, or down by the river?

my 3 favourite songs off everybody knows, my favourite neil album - and when i check wiki he specifically wrote those 3 when he had a 106 deg F fever. neil should get a fever more often.

i'm also very partial to tonight's the night, on the beach, and after the goldrush or live rust from time to time. although i hella overlistened to AtGR when i was 17. i much prefer dirty fucked up electric guitar warrior to the acoustic stuff. his soloing style is as unique as zappas.

i'm only looking at listening to early stuff right now. i'm listening to whatever the book (shakey) is discussing. right now he just quit buffalo springfield and signed with elliot roberts.

i think i may agree on the style i prefer too, maybe depends on the day though

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil's album "Everybody knows this is nowhere" is unequivocally awesome and one of my favourites of all time. I'm completely for a Neil Young sub-forum :D

yeah, it's the one i just keep on coming back to over the space of years and years

that solo is attached. fuck man, it blows me away. just play a note, let the rhythm section provide the context. which they do.

it's like watching brian eno and john coltrane unexpectedly spawning a mariujana-loving hick baby

cinnamon.wav

still no buffalo springfield love?

i posted mr soul youtube. not the bs version but.

i hadn't heard (or hadn't known i'd heard) any buffalo springfield so i looked some up. not really what i expected. the band name makes them sound pretty rocking but their kinda 60s pop type shit, what i heard at least. neil didnt write much for them either. maybe 10 tracks total no?

thats like saying the fall are some 80s indie type shit

listen to broken arrow.. better than anything neil young did solo or with crazy horse (in my opinion)

Motherfucking Trans bitches

We control the data banks

We control the thining tanks

We control the flow of air

We're controlling traffic lights

We control commuter flights

We control the cheif of staff

We control the TV sky

We control the FBI

We control the flow of heat

*Computer age - in harms way,

We will prevail and perform our function

C.C.T.B.

We control

We're controlling

We control you floor to floor

We control you door to door

We're controlling while you sleep.

We are in control

We are in control

We are in control

Chemical Computer Thinking Battery

didn't know about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQARzXtc2ik

not even close to as good as the original but interesting. thom sounds pretty bad on it.

i paused on the beach (the album) to listen

my library (or internet) doesn't have 'everybody knows this is nowhere' so i've got to hit the rekid shop. managed to download zuma so gonna listen that next

Guest AOOproductions

Neil Young is legend but will be forgotten about way sooner than say timeless legends like Dylan and the beatles. I don't time will be as good to him. But his songwriting is unreal, andh is early work with buffalo springfield was political rock that was true and trendy to like.

• 2 weeks later...

just picked up everyone knows this is nowhere. the 3 mentioned songs above are spot on. cinnamon girl, down by the river and cowgirl in the sand

picked up tonight's the night too. was intrigued by the description of it in shakey. on first listen now.

the part in the book about "here's one you've heard before" as they burst into the title track again made me proper lol

heard zuma too once which i enjoyed

Tonight's the night is even better appreciated when drunk.

Get the unreleased "Time Fades Away" on the web, there was a HDCD pressing bootlegged a couple of years ago and it sounds great. It was part of the batch of Neil CD's that appeared around 2000 (like On the Beach, which was only available on vinyl), but didn't for that one. So the only way to hear it is via bootleg. Typical Neil.

Like releasing his archives in Blu-Ray (a lot of material in it isn't high fidelity for sure), saying CDs sound crap, but then a week later he re-released his first 4 albums in remastered format, but on itunes and CD only!

i got the archives 64-77 and its fucking awesome. so what if some are released already its a nice retrospective of a few live discs and some nice alternitive mixes and such. its nice to just put on and sit back.#

zuma is lush too.

*cracks open the tequilla*

did the original tonight's the night ever coem out as originally intended as described in shakey. with "raps" inbetween tracks.

Get the unreleased "Time Fades Away" on the web, there was a HDCD pressing bootlegged a couple of years ago and it sounds great. It was part of the batch of Neil CD's that appeared around 2000 (like On the Beach, which was only available on vinyl), but didn't for that one. So the only way to hear it is via bootleg. Typical Neil.

i downloaded time fades away. is there a released version and a bootleg version? or just the one (which i have)? haven't heard yet

i got the archives 64-77 and its fucking awesome. so what if some are released already its a nice retrospective of a few live discs and some nice alternitive mixes and such. its nice to just put on and sit back.#

zuma is lush too.

yeah it looks real swell. i'm onna wait till i got all the good albums first. got a ways to go.

zuma is really good, just listened to it again. i think i like it more than everybody knows

*cracks open the tequilla*

did the original tonight's the night ever coem out as originally intended as described in shakey. with "raps" inbetween tracks.

i downloaded time fades away. is there a released version and a bootleg version? or just the one (which i have)? haven't heard yet

The original "tonight" exist as an acetate, you can easily find it on the web, just search "tonight's the night acetate". Some people have said of it as not being the real acetate, which is probably true. It's made by bootleggers but is pretty much how the original version would be.

As for Time Fades Away, well most of the time the downloads are the vinyl rip, the HDCD bootleg really sounds good. Again, "time fades away hdcd" in google :biggrin: But yeah Archives II will be massive, imho he was even better post-Harvest.

got it thanks.

been listening to everyone knows this is nowhere alot and i'm thinkings its a masterpiece.

also zuma alot too

i foolishly put cortez the killer on the local bar jukebox. it was hiphop all night then at 1:30 this fuckign low ass sad sack song. no one was impressed but it sounded about right at that time

hven't gt itno tonihts the night yet. maybe today

did homegrown ever leak? keep reading it mentioned but don't see it in discographies.

i read in the book about his love of the rolling stones but hadn't really heard the influence until i heard it clear as day on 'yonder stands he sinner' from times fade away

Archived