IGNORED

That Henry Louis Gates arrest thing

lumpenprol

I have nothing to say about this other than Henry Louis Gates strikes me as an utter cunt and reminds me of everything I hated about academia. People like Gates are just as emblematic of the decline of the US as, say, Kevin Federline.

"It is incumbent upon Sergeant Crowley and me to utilize the great opportunity that fate has given us to foster greater sympathy among the American public for the daily perils of policing on the one hand, and for the genuine fears of racial profiling on the other hand"

god what a mouthful of turgid baloney. who the fuck talks like that.

lol, why did Obama have cameras there, what a media whore.

He's the fucking President. He's the most watched/scrutinized human being in the United States. He knows that the media will get their info and pictures however they can, so why not tailor the media coverage to communicate what you want?

Guest olson

dude change your avatar that guys chin weirds me out for real. cant you make it like goatse or something

Frankly, I think it's totally badass that the Prez decided to do this. I mean, it's an elegant solution to a situation which has been blown out of proportion, and it sounds like the meeting actually was good for everyone involved in terms of "clearing the air"so to speak. Got a problem that's getting way too over-the-top? Sit down with the people involved, have a coupla brews, and try to remember that everyone's just trying to get through the day and that we're all just human beings.

I mean, this is why I'm glad that Obama is running things. I don't care how "calculated" the whole media thing is, the fact that he did this just reflects good management, and a spirit of breaking down boundaries and bringing things down to a human level. FFS, it's nice to have a dude that would be pretty cool to sit down and have a beer with in the White House instead of someone who hides from every possible conflict behind a wall of PR, Bodyguards, and singemindedness.

And, yes, PO, please change your avatar because I'm starting to get afraid. Very afraid.

edit: Now I'm afraid of the Dark! They mostly come out at night. mostly.

second edit: GD everyone except Obama looks PISSED OFF at their beers in that pic. Def photoshopportunity.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

what a load of shit this whole thing was.

"uh yeah we're all gonna have a beer hen we're gonna go gambling and then fuck a horse taking turns. then back to the WH for a nightcap. we're all chums. "

did anyone give a shit? some cop is a jobsworth. big suprise. some black academic threw a shitfit and then called racism. crikey surprise. the only surprise was that a usually scripted president said the police acted stupidly. stop apologising you big pussy.

Guest Mr Salads

Frankly, I think it's totally badass that the Prez decided to do this. I mean, it's an elegant solution to a situation which has been blown out of proportion, and it sounds like the meeting actually was good for everyone involved in terms of "clearing the air"so to speak. Got a problem that's getting way too over-the-top? Sit down with the people involved, have a coupla brews, and try to remember that everyone's just trying to get through the day and that we're all just human beings.

I mean, this is why I'm glad that Obama is running things. I don't care how "calculated" the whole media thing is, the fact that he did this just reflects good management, and a spirit of breaking down boundaries and bringing things down to a human level. FFS, it's nice to have a dude that would be pretty cool to sit down and have a beer with in the White House instead of someone who hides from every possible conflict behind a wall of PR, Bodyguards, and singemindedness.

And, yes, PO, please change your avatar because I'm starting to get afraid. Very afraid.

edit: Now I'm afraid of the Dark! They mostly come out at night. mostly.

second edit: GD everyone except Obama looks PISSED OFF at their beers in that pic. Def photoshopportunity.

Obama would not be in the position he is if he just shut his fucking mouth about the whole thing to begin with.

But because he is black he feels inclined to state an opinion about what happened.

That's racism

would be hilarious if Gates said "I told you I'd get my posse" and then he and Obama proceeded to beat the living shit out of the cop.

also, the natural photoshopportunity would be to put some 40oz of OE or King Cobra in there, and some dominoes on the table.

also, the natural photoshopportunity would be to put some dominoes on the table.

MEGAROFLTM

Guest Drahken

Pish they both were fucking stupid. Gates was being an irate ass wipe to an officer who had ever reason to confirm Gates lived there, and the officer was an ass wipe for arresting Gates on a chickenshit charge like disorderly conduct in his own home.

Pish they both were fucking stupid. Gates was being an irate ass wipe to an officer who had ever reason to confirm Gates lived there, and the officer was an ass wipe for arresting Gates on a chickenshit charge like disorderly conduct in his own home.

it really is a none event. what big story are they trying to hide with this shit? the bullshit healthcare plan?

Obama would not be in the position he is if he just shut his fucking mouth about the whole thing to begin with.

But because he is black he feels inclined to state an opinion about what happened.

That's racism

lol

Exactly.

Archived