IGNORED

Comparing UFC and wwf style Wrestling

Guest jubes

Guest jubes

fair enough, i hadn't seen the $ details of the recent talks, but has he actually turned this down or was he unable legally to accept? i was under the impression that he was bound to M1 Global by contract and had 3? fights remaining- and that M1 Global would only allow him to fight these where they could be Co-promoters of the fights, which Zuffa(?) will not allow

Could have accepted it all he wanted, but the only issue like said was the co-promotion, of which Fedor has a holding interest in. It's just shameful really to the fans he's just gonna lob around against lower tier fights and not really show much. Dana will be laughing in 9 months.

Fuck knows about Overeem, did you not hear about that thing where he just took out six security guards at some bar? LOL.

sometimes i think i know a lot about martial arts and especially ufc but then again i don't have a degree in economics

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest countchocula

fair enough, i hadn't seen the $ details of the recent talks, but has he actually turned this down or was he unable legally to accept? i was under the impression that he was bound to M1 Global by contract and had 3? fights remaining- and that M1 Global would only allow him to fight these where they could be Co-promoters of the fights, which Zuffa(?) will not allow

Could have accepted it all he wanted, but the only issue like said was the co-promotion, of which Fedor has a holding interest in. It's just shameful really to the fans he's just gonna lob around against lower tier fights and not really show much. Dana will be laughing in 9 months.

Fuck knows about Overeem, did you not hear about that thing where he just took out six security guards at some bar? LOL.

sometimes i think i know a lot about martial arts and especially ufc but then again i don't have a degree in economics

Oh really? *Pulls Guard*

Guest ZeroHour

lmfao

first of all

$30 million dollar contract was COMPLETE BULLSHIT

M1 provided a video statement denying any truth to it

second of all, people seemed to forget that at the moment, fedor still has a 3 fight contract left with M1, so the only way that anyone can buy him is to sort of lend him, which the UFC obviously wouldnt do cause fedor would win the belt, fight 2 nubs, and bugger off, making their heavyweight division look like a load of shit

so strikeforce it is

Guest jubes

lmfao

first of all

$30 million dollar contract was COMPLETE BULLSHIT

M1 provided a video statement denying any truth to it

second of all, people seemed to forget that at the moment, fedor still has a 3 fight contract left with M1, so the only way that anyone can buy him is to sort of lend him, which the UFC obviously wouldnt do cause fedor would win the belt, fight 2 nubs, and bugger off, making their heavyweight division look like a load of shit

so strikeforce it is

and forrest is a fucken nub and i rest my case ! good night !!

You know you guys are complete noobs when it comes to fighting. The UFC is fixed? ROFL. This isn't Japan or 1996 my friend.

Get real.

Guest jubes

You know you guys are complete noobs when it comes to fighting. The UFC is fixed? ROFL. This isn't Japan or 1996 my friend.

Get real.

some fights are NOT fixed, some ARE.

a ''fixed'' one is a fight where the 2 opponents are chosen in such a way that it could be difficult to see that one has the advantage

Guest ZeroHour

well usually the opponents have to sign the dotted line which explains who they're fighting, so its their loss if they dont do research about their opponent tbh

MMA is the most boring fucking sport I have ever bore witness too, unfortunately.

There I said it.

i agree somewhat. if it goes to the ground and lots of grappling it gets real boring quickly. a good stand-up fight is always entertaining or a fight where it's all over the place. i guess MMA used to be more interesting when guys with totally different styles fought, but now it's become a style of it's own, that mixes a little of kickboxing and BJJ. and i am sure you could get more out of the fights if you have an understanding of the techniques and finesse used in these fight, which would go unnoticed for a casual viewer.

Guest jubes

MMA is the most boring fucking sport I have ever bore witness too, unfortunately.

There I said it.

ufc is an amazing sport !! minus the brain damage and the fractured knees

every time i hear ppl talk about ufc, it always sounds the same as ppl talking about hockey or any other sport these ppl never practice...its all about beaing good at knowing whos better than who and the million $ contracts WHo GiveS a FuCk !!!

Guest countchocula

There I said it.

ufc is an amazing sport !! minus the brain damage and the fractured knees

every time i hear ppl talk about ufc, it always sounds the same as ppl talking about hockey or any other sport these ppl never practice...its all about beaing good at knowing whos better than who and the million $ contracts WHo GiveS a FuCk !!!

I would never argue that there isn't a chance of brain injury in a fighting sport, but statistically Mixed Martial Arts is safer than boxing brain wise.

It is due to the fact that there are more body shots and submissions are a possibility. Although there are punches and kicks to the head so there is always a chance, but you only live once and pushing the human body to the limit in a competition to see how far you can go is down right fun.

On a side note I hate all the people who scream stand them up or knock them out. Stand up is only one aspect of the MMA rule set. I personally love great ground work. I also love great stand up as well, but If you want to just see punches then watch boxing. My favorite matches are a good mix of both ground and standup where it is all out.

pk i can't be arsed to read the whole thread and rah rah rah, but whenever i see the UFC i can't help but marvel over how ostentatiously gay it is. no matter where you are in this supposed masterstroke of all of the world's finest martial arts combined into one streamlined product that compels portly americans to piss our enough piss beer to support the big sanitation industries, i mean... ok, whenever i see the fucking sport there's two half-naked dudes on the ground in some sort of an intimate hold with red faces portraying the agony i'd imagine is not too unlike what i'd be feeling if someone tried to shove their majestic cum excalibur up my "do i need to steal another street sign?!" one way arse.

and i mean... the people really hardcore into UFC... they're like the insane clown posse fans of sports. anyone who's had a modicum of rap experience in their life will know what i'm talking about... ARE YOU DOWN WITH THE CLOWN?!@ no, i'm down with redman you fucking homo now go paint your face fuck off and go see tech n9ne or something. yeesh.

the UFC upholds a principle of mine: if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and if it gets its jollies off fucking hot lady ducks, it's obviously a cadillac devile light your newport longs we's fiddin'ta roll2#$@!

2backg.gif2dkenap.gif

Anderson Silva > you

I had no doubt in my mind he would win but so soon, fucking hell.

haha i knew it, forrest sucks balls

you got me dude, i'm gay

you missed the point, at least be aware of how gay it is to some people. to outright deny that it contains any gay vibes at all is a little bit suspicious and in this case you might in fact be very uncomfortable with your own sexuality (not you but people staunchly opposed to the notion that yes ineed UFC can be watched by a gay man and he can get off to it by masturbating his penis)

Guest Adjective

you got me dude, i'm gay

you missed the point, at least be aware of how gay it is to some people. to outright deny that it contains any gay vibes at all is a little bit suspicious and in this case you might in fact be very uncomfortable with your own sexuality (not you but people staunchly opposed to the notion that yes ineed UFC can be watched by a gay man and he can get off to it by masturbating his penis)

i had actually typed out a long response to him but my internets timed out posting it so i just one-linered.

i understood his point as trying to appeal to the homophobia of some mythical HGH jock / idm nerd, that he must think is in this thread, and to try to ruin MMA for him.

i used to be bored with and dismissive of such scenes too, but then i started to see how complex the ground game was. how much maneuvering is actually involved, the submission setups / escapes, sweeps, etc. then i saw the challenge of it, the SPORT of it. i overcame my teenage homophobia, so can you!

how is this not interesting? how could jiu-jitsu not appeal to the gamer in someone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3afX8pRjb_s

Archived