IGNORED

The joys of working in a bar

Braintree

So there's this girl that works part time at the same bar that I do, and I'm really into her. I was supposed to meet up with some friends last night across town but I bailed because she came in for some free drinks since it was her birthday. The band was all packed up [i do the audio there], and my shift was done, so I just wanted to chill and have a few beers with her. So everything is cool, and the bartender announces last call. Shortly thereafter some dude starts a fight like ten feet away. Glasses are getting knocked over and broken, so I jump up and start moving that shit so no one gets hurt on it [the guys were on the floor at this point].

Then this dude right next to me starts to topple over. He's holding his face and falling, so I try to catch him and let him down gently. I thought he might have been glassed or something. I was expecting to see blood all over his face, but there was nothing there. Apparently the fucker that started the fight pulled out pepper spray. Several people, including one of the bartenders got hit. My eyes were burning for a while, too, but I was a few feet away when it went off. So we told everyone to get the fuck out, called the police, and I ended up cleaning up broken glass and leading a temporarily blind man around instead of making out with this cute girl.

God. Damn.

Guest joshier

then you should have grabbed the girl and get the fuck out of there

edit: grammer

he's loyal to his damn job ok!

on a serious note, i would also be tempted to grab girl + walk out, but I think the girl would be more concerned about the fight and whatnot. braintree doesn't want to come across as too earger...

We're friends with everyone that works there so it's not like we could just leave. I would have looked like a massive asshole if I had just peaced.

was she turned on by all the violence?

No, but I was.

then you should have grabbed the girl and get the fuck out of there

edit: grammer

first reply is too right. you've had a crazy night, you've been pepper sprayed... you just want to get out of there and chill out, dig?

edit: read rest of posts... maybe not then.

We're friends with everyone that works there so it's not like we could just leave. I would have looked like a massive asshole if I had just peaced.

was she turned on by all the violence?

No, but I was.

when exactly? was it after you caught the guy from behind or before that...when you knew you just got an opportunity?

Much respect - my mother was a bartender for over 40 years, but thankfully only worked at NCO and Officer's clubs while my father was in the military, so things were pretty chill for the most part.

You should go find a nice hotel to tend bar at - easy, decent tippers (if it's a decent hotel), and generally nice patrons.

Much respect - my mother was a bartender for over 40 years, but thankfully only worked at NCO and Officer's clubs while my father was in the military, so things were pretty chill for the most part.

You should go find a nice hotel to tend bar at - easy, decent tippers (if it's a decent hotel), and generally nice patrons.

but then he couldn't do audio for the band .. and perhaps he's got a nice crew around him ... still though what you said is truth ... move up in bar world .. but then wouldn't you have to know how to make git drinks .. you know .. cocktails .. and arsenoses and such ..

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

heres what i would have done

grabbed the nearest lubricant. removed my jacket & shirt and fold nicely. oil up my upper torso. and gone jason statham on their asses! booya! at the gay bar, gay bar. *tap dance*

heres what i would have done

grabbed the nearest lubricant. removed my jacket & shirt and fold nicely. oil up my upper torso. and gone jason statham on their asses! booya! at the gay bar, gay bar. *tap dance*

this i presume ... is why they call you benedict cumberbatch ...

nasty ... ar well ..better now than surprised later i guess... still though combat is something different altogether ... and probably not involving sophisticated gas attacks ... more about explosive nasties ..and horrific high velocities .. ;-/

Archived