IGNORED

lucid dreaming

Guest viscosity

....that weird electrical 'zap' that sometimes happens just as you're nodding off ...

hmmmm.... the zap thing... does it coincide with a feeling that your respiratory system and/or heart is shutting down sometimes, and it's like suddenly becoming conscious of the point where you become unconscious, which sounds like the beginning of sleep paralysis but isn't? dunno if that makes any sense.

I am so familiar with that feeling.

I'm a big fan of sleep, I've turned sleeping on a train into an art. Had some incredibly real dreams in the short space of time I ride the train each day, usually wake up a stop before mine with the zap thing. Usually accompanied by a sharp intake of breath, like I'm sucking the awakeness back in and suddenly I'm wide awake.

It's pretty much a hardcore power nap.

The snap is your body waking itself up so you don't skip stages in the sleep cycle (which, apparently, is quite dangerous).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

research 'wake initiated lucid dream' ;)

believe me I know what WILD is and it's mostly a question of semantics, but the term astral projection generally approves more of the reality of the experience rather than "just a dream", which is more true and very difficult to refute if you're experienced with the phenomenon, because you can verify the shit out of things..

i have had very vivid lucid dreams.. more vivid than reality. theres no difference between WILD and astral projection. the only difference is that people who astral project arent actually lucid because they believe theyre in 'another plane' or what ever.

I agree there's no difference, people simply choose not to acknowledge it as much more than a "cool dream" either out of lack of evidence or out of fear that they will be labelled new agey nuts.

i think you misread what I said or simply chose to ignore it, but I will say it again; you can very easily verify the reality of your experience by visiting physical locations or doing tricks like placing upside down cards on a drawer, checking them in your lucid/astral/oob state and then verifying them in your waking state.

I tried WILD tonight after a 5h sleep, I was so awake I couldnt fall asleep again. The last time I tried I was too scared/surprised by those unbelievable loud noises in my ears :braindance:

believe me I know what WILD is and it's mostly a question of semantics, but the term astral projection generally approves more of the reality of the experience rather than "just a dream", which is more true and very difficult to refute if you're experienced with the phenomenon, because you can verify the shit out of things..

i have had very vivid lucid dreams.. more vivid than reality. theres no difference between WILD and astral projection. the only difference is that people who astral project arent actually lucid because they believe theyre in 'another plane' or what ever.

I agree there's no difference, people simply choose not to acknowledge it as much more than a "cool dream" either out of lack of evidence or out of fear that they will be labelled new agey nuts.

i think you misread what I said or simply chose to ignore it, but I will say it again; you can very easily verify the reality of your experience by visiting physical locations or doing tricks like placing upside down cards on a drawer, checking them in your lucid/astral/oob state and then verifying them in your waking state.

great. its still just a WILD.

great. its still just a WILD.

i've tried this 'verifying' technique you are talking about for shits and giggles and it absolutely did not work. If having a WILD was actually giving you the power to leave your body why don't you visit some incredible secret place that you cant possibly have access to while awake? My guess is that since it's not real you have not done this

Archived