IGNORED

Reno 911! Cancelled

Brandi_B

"Reno" fans learned Thursday that Comedy Central had canceled the improv comedy via Twitter. Series co-creator and star Thomas Lennon announced: "Won't be wearing the shorts again." Star Ben Garant told Knoxville's News Sentinel that the cancellation was unexpected. "To tell the truth, getting dumped by Comedy Central feels kinda like a wake-up call," he said.

Thomas lennon twitter: http://twitter.com/Thomaslennon

Link: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/08/end-of-the-line-for-comedy-centrals-reno-911-and-tnts-saving-grace.html

To be honest, I'm kind of happy as it was getting kind of recycled, and I REALLY want to see these guys return to doing skits/sketch comedy. If they could get a live action show on comedy central around the time of daily

show/colbert...or on adult swim I think it would be class.

Big fan of the state and reno, and viva variety. The reno movie was loltastic. It would be great if they could keep making movies with reno 911 characters, or include them in a new sketch show.

I never cared that it was "old" or recycled--it's like comfort food.

Actually, I agree with this. I guess me wanting to see them do more blinded me to the fact that i really was just fine with reno.

yeah, they need to do more movies.

although i love both of them as actors, i really can't say i like any movies they've done.

Do you really want another Night at the Museum , Herbie fully loaded or Balls of Fury ?

i give them props for tapping the money tree in hollywood with such ease.

Too Bad. Good news is these guys will go on to do other great things as usual.

besides writing shitty movies for $ i hope your right, i loved the State and i liked Reno 911 a lot

and Brandi b im not really following the logic of being happy that a show you really like is canceled.

and Brandi b im not really following the logic of being happy that a show you really like is canceled.

It's because i really enjoy their sketch comedy and think they have done enough good e=work on reno for it to end. I really loved the state and viva variety and the thought of them maybe doing a sketch show again makes me happy :) Though i will miss dangle and crew.

Archived