IGNORED

nepotism

keltoi

favoritism granted to relatives, without regard to their merit.

anyone else ever have to deal with nepotism at work?

my boss's son has been 'working' with us for the last year... 24, cocky, private school, spoilt, always gets anything he wants...

we have to car-share on our commute to glasgow, he's always late for his pickup, making us all late for work.

he sits on the internet fannying about while the rest of us do the hard work. anything he does he either takes days or fucks it up.

he makes long personal calls during work time.

he's allowed to leave early for his hobbies and pass-times and gets days off at a minutes notice.

he annoys everyone he speaks to with his hoity-toity manner - everyone from our office staff to our tradesmen to our clients all think he's a bellend. fitters have even said the next time he says anything out of line he's getting a smack.

he's supposed to be in a sales role but he's driving business away with his empty headed waffle and lack of actual knowledge.

he gets paid more than some really hard working key members of staff.

my boss seems to think he's doing fine and just leaves him to it.

this is driving me insane!

i have the same problem at work. the boss's little brother is my superior and he's a total lazy wanker. spends hours on the phone, never there when you need him, makes loads of money when he's less qualified than others who earn less. favoritism dude. it's such a pain in the arse

Guest Coalbucket PI

My manager is the daughter of the owner, its a cafe and she has experience as an air hostess and a housewife and very little else

my boss got a girlfriend. after three months they moved in together, and he got her a job in his firm. then, suddenly, *poof* she's employed as brand manager. quite amazing.

NOT.

she's jew. looks like an overgrown little girl with shiny skimpy clothes and a morning perfume bath. she's dumb like a piece of wood; always starting personal squabbles with the boss... she also has a girly sidekick who imitates her on every move. a master and apprentice.

*UGH*

I run into this problem constantly because the way it works at my work is that you brown nose if you want seniority, and I for one get kind of sick to the stomach when I try to brown nose because it just feels so fucking fake and such an awful method of choosing who to promote.

But like, we can't eat at our desk or have any sort of paper that we could write on but there is a floor support agent who sits next to me who hardly ever takes calls, just abuses the shit out of her priveliges and she always eats on the floor and has a book that she writes in all the time and the supervisors never say shit.

5 minutes later, we have no calls and I get in shit for playing motherfucking SPIDER SOLITARE!!!!

fuucking brown nosing, I hate it and it gets people into high positions unfairly. Apparently our operations manager got his position by sleeping with the general manager.

I work at a call center by the way before anyone asks.

the summer of my senior year in high school i asked my dad to hook me up with a job because he had some connections with the owner of h.h. gregg appliances and electronics retail superstore. the owner was like, sure, we can put your son on the sales floor, but my dad was like, do you have something more character building? so i got a job unloading refrigerators from trucks working in a 130 degree warehouse all day long and learning how to blow smoke rings that hovered completely in place in the stale heat. i also learned how to load 40 inch sonys into the back seat of customers who rolled up in their mazda miata for 6.50/hr. it was a cool job though. beats my graveyard shift staple-removing job from the following summer that I got on my own.

I suppose that Is an option but I've never run into someone who works legitimately when they have a secure job like that.

Sounds like you were alright though because he still had you doing some bitch labour instead of some cushy desk job or w/e like some dads can get their kids.

Guest Coalbucket PI

its not really a 'secure job' just because his pops helped him get it.

I was trying to get foot-in-the-door jobs in pharmaceuticals a while ago and my dad mentioned that an old friend of mine when I was about 10 happened to be the son of the CEO of a huge international medical company so I told him to get in touch with that motherfucker, and he did, and found out that he'd retired a month before. Fuck childhood networking.

My first job when I was 15 was as a file clerk in my dad's office. It fucking sucked. I did more work than any of the other clerks, and I still got accused of favoritism only because my dad was one of the doctors upstairs.

my dad got me a summer job at a pulp mill he used to manage and i worked my fucking balls off there for $11 an hour. they also got me smoking, those bastards. i always came in drunk/hungover. i loved that job.

work experience type jobs when you're 15 are a different matter. everyone needs a lesson in hard work.

this guy's got zero qualifications, no savvy, no social skills and no reason to be working for us other than blood ties.

and xxx, your bowels are in a bad way!

actually as an addition .. i'd add .. that's why one day i'd like to work for myself .. the business can forge ahead without the dead weight of all the lazy arse parasites the few that actually work have to support ..

Archived