IGNORED

Shackleton - 3ep's

kirm

i like some of these samples, somtimes i wish dubstep musicians wouldn't use so many presetty bongo drum sounds though. Like Bengas music some of it is fucking bad ass till he throw an unaltered cowbell preset sound in or something. whats a good shackleton ep /lp i should check out?

I love all his stuff really. Get one of the skull disco comps which collects together his e.ps. Top stuff and some nice stuff fom Appleblim on them as well.Also his recent album release with Mordant Music is very good.

if you only get one e.p by him tho get this one

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=126377

i like some of these samples, somtimes i wish dubstep musicians wouldn't use so many presetty bongo drum sounds though. Like Bengas music some of it is fucking bad ass till he throw an unaltered cowbell preset sound in or something. whats a good shackleton ep /lp i should check out?

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Soundboy-Punishments/release/962132

great news; i'll be looking forward to it.

as far as shackleton releases go, my favorite is the "soundboy's gravestone gets desecrated by vandals" skull disco comp, which includes the ep that kirm mentioned above as well as some other good shackleton tracks and some good stuff from applebim and peverelist, but the other stuff mentioned here (by thief, etc.) is great too

blood on my hands was the first thing i ever heard by shackleton. i have everything now, and it's still my favourite thing by him.

although i do like the direction he's taking with stuff like 'the rope tightens/the branch is weak' and 'next to nothing'. it's almost late 70s PiL stuff meets dubstep

i really like shackleton's stuff, but haven't listened to it in a bit. here's hoping this is good and available digitally . . .

• 1 month later...

Archived