IGNORED

Big Brother to come to an end in UK

BOCfan

Thank fuck!

Hated this programme since day one. I know it has its fans, but I'm glad that the public interest in this is finally dropping off, so that it can be cancelled. It sounds like good news for C4's output as well, with them pouring money into new drama's etc.

Some other station may end up pciking it up, but heopfully that's it gone from council TV.

Guest Iain C

Knowing C4 I wouldn't bet on any decent new programming replacing it, just more lowest-common-denominator Skins and Shameless rubbish.

Guest Jimbob

WIN

i've noticed the lack of people chatting shit about it at work, good news, will be back with a vengeance though eventually, in a new but equally mind numbing format

Celebrity Bumwank - Where G List celebrities bumwank in front of a live studio audience. Groundbreaking new reality TV show.

Knowing C4 I wouldn't bet on any decent new programming replacing it, just more lowest-common-denominator Skins and Shameless rubbish.

That would be a shame if that were to happen. If they're serious about it, there's a real opportunity here for C4 to steer away from this kind of trash and make the kind of innovative programming that they used to.

WIN

i've noticed the lack of people chatting shit about it at work, good news, will be back with a vengeance though eventually, in a new but equally mind numbing format

I've noticed that as well, hardly a whisper on the subject. Hopefully if it does make a return, it's long after I've hit the ejector seat.

Guest Iain C

That would be a shame if that were to happen. If they're serious about it, there's a real opportunity here for C4 to steer away from this kind of trash and make the kind of innovative programming that they used to.

*wipes away tears of laughter*

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

haven't watched it in years. it ran its course and they dragged it onwards.

i know one person who still watches it

Guest Stoppit

I think the worst thing about Big Brother is that now it's been around for a decade, children are growing up watching it without any knowledge of a pre-Big Brother world, and seeing it as an acceptable level of entertainment.

Guest ezkerraldean

people took it too seriously. i'd have happily watched it to laugh at the contestans and their general chaviness/retardedness.

If only it were true in the U.S.

if you only knew the vast emptiness that plagues most of this country. zombies consuming what their told, living in the narrows, the darkness of their own little disneyland

Guest mrcopyandpaste

ha, i watch it, quite religiously.

never really understood everyones problem, its just a television program

edit: plum, hi five!

i like it.

But you're Plum, so you're allowed to like it.

Apparantly the show had a ratings rise in the US this year, so I'm not sure if it'll happen over there...yet.

*wipes away tears of laughter*

My bad.

I've no time for Skins, but I'be heard Shameless is good. Never watched it.

since when was skins and shamesless not decent? i suspect you've just got english student hate for jack thorne

Archived