IGNORED

Piece of turd ipod

Guest Dirty Protest

Guest Dirty Protest

I think I have a bad sector on my ipod that means itunes wont let me write after about 30G. I tried filling it to the damage, then I slowly pasted a 700MB file to the drive hoping it would plug the bad bit, that didnt work. So has anybody any idea how I could write a filler file to the bad bit and leave the rest. I tried google but the worlds as clueless as me.Cheers

i hate ipods/itunes so what im going to say is no use to anyone. but anyways.

yeah, dont buy an ipod. get another one which isnt annoying like the ipod/itunes is. get a sony or samsug or a creative.

Guest Dirty Protest

So finding and writing to a specific piece of drive, no. I can change the question if that will help with the answers =)

Guest Donkey Rhubarb

Ive got 3 ipods and they all work perfectly fine. had the old style 40gig then the 4gig nano and now the 120gig classic. Tired of people slagging em off cos someone they know had a problem with one.

knobheads

I think I have a bad sector on my ipod that means itunes wont let me write after about 30G. I tried filling it to the damage, then I slowly pasted a 700MB file to the drive hoping it would plug the bad bit, that didnt work. So has anybody any idea how I could write a filler file to the bad bit and leave the rest. I tried google but the worlds as clueless as me.Cheers

"piece of turd ipod" is redundant. fuck apple up their stupid fucking asses. i owned a macintosh for one hour, and i made $100 profit off of it, so my net outcome with apple is a positive one. given all the bitching i hear about their gay ass shit, i'm better off than 98% of the world... but that's a given... heard me rap lately?!@ =P

Guest Calx Sherbet

Ive got 3 ipods and they all work perfectly fine. had the old style 40gig then the 4gig nano and now the 120gig classic. Tired of people slagging em off cos someone they know had a problem with one.

knobheads

that's how it always works. i know people who will avoid ipods like the plague just because they don't like apple

ipods are fine. i can gaurantee that if you got a new one right now, it would be perfectly okay

lol?

no

Guest Renivatio

i hate ipods/itunes so what im going to say is no use to anyone. but anyways.

yeah, dont buy an ipod. get another one which isnt annoying like the ipod/itunes is. get a sony or samsug or a creative.

I had a creative vision: m before it crapped out on me. probably one of the best mp3 players i've ever had. now i have a cowon d2, and those are excellent as well. :sorcerer:

So finding and writing to a specific piece of drive, no. I can change the question if that will help with the answers =)

lol, that seems pretty hackish, but it actually might work! . Are you absolutely sure the problem is a bad sector? It seems like the drive would have a way to flag the bad sectors off when you do a reformat. what platform are you using? Also what generation ipod?

Archived