IGNORED

LAser Vynyl player!

Guest jubes

wouldn't that make it digital>?

no

yes

a needle is vibrating, friction/kinetic energy into sound. the only way a laser's refraction could be processed (as i assume it works - much like a crude cd) is digitally. numerical data transferred into sound innit.

wouldn't that make it digital>?

no

yes

a needle is vibrating, friction/kinetic energy into sound. the only way a laser's refraction could be processed (as i assume it works - much like a crude cd) is digitally. numerical data transferred into sound innit.

that's not necessarily true, a laserdisc uses a laser but the data on it is not stored digitally.

it should be an analog signal and not a sampled one

and since a compact disc's sound is read as samples, we associate laser with ''sampled '' or ''digital''

AAMOF, the slightest little piece of dirt on the vynil can be heard

so you could basically scan any object with the laser and hear a sound ...not with a cd laser machine

wait, so you could theoretically put anything underneath it!? because you could take the whole aphex sandpaper dj thing to the next level - like getting different types of sandpaper and cutting blocks/strips that are measured to be quantised, then sticking them together in a strip and passing it under the laser. maybe you could get some kind of rhythmic white noise snarerush

Guest abusivegeorge

I'm trying to find this video where a guy was controlling a laser with just his hands, and it was making all kinds of crazy music.

I remember this video, and at the end the laser runs up his arm, it's mental, but alas I cannot find it either.

Archived