IGNORED

Leyland Kirby - Sadly, the future is no longer what it was

mcbpete

being a huge fan of james, I've really wanted this ever since it first came out, but I couldn't afford it. just now discovered the boomkat discount, and fucking ordered it pronto.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I just listened to cd3 last night. this is some of the best... not sure if I'd call it dark ambient. it's not really dark, is it? spooky ambient, maybe.

Guest Enter a new display name

Leyland Kirby is the kind of producer who can poop hours of quality music very quickly. Personally, I prefer "Persistent Repetition Of Phrases" although I acknowledge it's quite an achievement to make a consistent 4-hour album.

How does he make his tracks, anyway? Does he play tapes of old ballad recordings and he adds hiss and reverbed piano with vintage analog equipment? Or does he emulate this sound in a software?

i think it's a combination of fucked thrift-store records and more fucking-up in software.

whilst the caretaker stuff isn't damaged in as completely horrible a way as the v/vm pop butchering stuff, he probably developed on the techniques he used to butcher chris de burgh/victoria beckham etc in the caretaker stuff. i was gonna post a link to the incredible butcher of posh spice on top of the pops, but it's not available anywhere any more :(

He's the last sort of guy to ever pump out stuff for cash, if that was in question, so believe me, he was not just fucking around and pumping out tracks for this one. The ones that he put less effort into (and there's more than it seems like sometimes) he does not make a profit on. He was poor as fuck all though the running of V/VM Test Records, and then when it died back, and he was running it on the internet, he put out tons of stuff for free.

*shrug*

Guest Enter a new display name

It was funny to know that the 320kbps mp3s of "Deleted Scenes / Forgotten Dreams" circulating on the web were actually ripped by Leyland himself and he encouraged to share them, although it's a very limited vinyl release.

Thanks for the kind words and interest about my new releases. In answer to a couple of points, the vinyls were limited as i didn't expect as much demand for them all (as there were three lots of 450 copies and doubles). What with rising postage costs and production costs it's not so easy to make things as cheap as you would like too these days and in the past simply selling 200 copies of something is not so easy right now.

The 3CD version captures all of the vinyls in one place and has been pressed in a greater quantity so should be easier to find out there as it will have moderate distribution.

Quite rightly as pointed out above the 2CD version was given away for free to all the people who pre-ordered any of my new releases earlier this year. It's slightly different as it has a lot of different mixes of tracks on there and also a few different tracks all together than the 3CD version and in some ways is a little more personal.

A limited number of these discs will be made available too in Mid-December for anybody interested.

Incase you also missed it too, i did a remix E.P. for my friends L.D.W.R. you can download it for free here

L.D.W.R. (Version 14) - Free Download

The audio will also be released as part of a 6CD boxset on L.D.W.R. in the new-year.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the info! Cool to see you posting here. I ordered the 3xCD and look forward to getting it in the mail.

Missed that version ep thingy before, listening now and its also very nice!

• 2 years later...

So, I've only just discovered that this exists.

I'm guessing there's no way of getting hold of the vinyl box set without paying ~ £100.

Anyone?

Archived