IGNORED

The Prisoner Returns!

Joyrex

What?! No, fuck this unnecessary shit. Fucking sacrilege.

Then don't watch it. As long as they keep the spirit of the original intact, I see nothing wrong with a retelling of the story. I was hoping the version rumoured to have Christopher Eccelston playing No. 6 saw the light of day, but this is still good news (so far) in my book. It will be interesting to see if they keep the controversial core 'concept' of the original series intact:

That 'The Village' and all the events in it were a pseudo-hallucination/metaphor by the protagonist himself, and that No. 1 is actually himself

YES

won't match the original for style though

Probably not - it was good to see the black blazers with white piping in a few scenes in that trailer, and Rover ominously rising over the sand dune... The setting of some desert is interesting as well, versus Portmieron (sp?) of the original... I can't say I was too taken by the a-frame chateaus in this remake, but oh well.

• 2 years later...

Archived