IGNORED

Need some techno recommendations

Guest kanondwerg

Guest kanondwerg

I got into techno a couple of months ago and now I'm exploring the genre. Specifically, I heard the Atlas / Titan 12" by Monolake today, and Titan blew me away. I'm looking for dark and atmospheric techno in the same vein as this release, anyone willing to help?

Guest Enter a new display name

So the guy wants dub techno...

Deepchord Presents Echospace - The Coldest Season

/thread

Guest kanondwerg

Elecktroids/Drexciya

[youtubehd]_vY-bNcq6bQ[/youtubehd]

i've listened to almost everything drexciya-related and it's not similar at all (don't get me wrong, drexciya is prob. my favorite electronic project ever, but i like this sound as well and i want to delve a bit deeper into it)

/thread

and yeah, i guess i'm looking for dub techno, although abstract dark techno (lol) is prob. more correct.

Some releases from the last few years, might not be exactly what you are looking for, but good nonetheless...

Pantha Du Prince - This Bliss

Efdemin - s/t

Luke Hess - Light in the Dark

Andy Stott - Unknown Exception

Shed - Shedding the Past

i've listened to almost everything drexciya-related and it's not similar at all (don't get me wrong, drexciya is prob. my favorite electronic project ever, but i like this sound as well and i want to delve a bit deeper into it)

to be honest I've only heard the unreleased Elecktroids Track on Warp20 and The Journey Home EP from Drexciya which I bought a few days ago, so I've just started exploring their stuff. Perpetual Motion was the most fitting/first track I found on youtbe after a short listen to your links :wink:

Guest kanondwerg

to be honest I've only heard the unreleased Elecktroids Track on Warp20 and The Journey Home EP from Drexciya which I bought a few days ago, so I've just started exploring their stuff. Perpetual Motion was the most fitting/first track I found on youtbe after a short listen to your links :wink:

http://what.cd/collage.php?id=1780

if you have a what account this is a very good start :)

/thread

YE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Basic Channel

Fuck yes. BCD-2 and the Maurizio comp have more of the straight up technos, and definitely don't sleep on Scion Arrange and Process Basic Channel Tracks. Srsly, don't

Guest narkeworld

Sandwell District (label)

Surface Records (label)

Dynamic Tension (label)

Downwards (label)

Tresor (label) (some of their stuff goes toward the Detroit zones but they do put out some hard dark stuff as well. Classic techno label.)

Emergence Records (label)

Coda (label)

Mainout (label)

Counterbalance (label)

Blueprint (label)

Inceptive (label)

Guest narkeworld

why didn't you just put "Labels:" or something on the top?

I thought about that a few seconds ago, hehe. Stupid mistake sorry.;) I think I was gonna point out some artists but I just thought the labels would do, so oh well you get the point heh. (confused smiley)

Guest kanondwerg

Sandwell District (label)

Surface Records (label)

Dynamic Tension (label)

Downwards (label)

Tresor (label) (some of their stuff goes toward the Detroit zones but they do put out some hard dark stuff as well. Classic techno label.)

Emergence Records (label)

Coda (label)

Mainout (label)

Counterbalance (label)

Blueprint (label)

Inceptive (label)

i'm fairly familiar with ur, peacefrog, tresor, clone etc but i suppose i'll dig deeper. and thanks to all of the suggestions.

Archived