IGNORED

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 5

thehauntingsoul

Who here watches this show? What are your opinions? Those of you who dislike it, what don't you like about it?

If you haven't seen this show you really should watch this 5 minute clip of one of the eps. It starts with charlie trying to deal with a hornets nest in the bar. If the office scene after is boring just skip ahead to 2:20 and see how he deals with the hornets afterwards and they ask him to answer an online dating questionnaire, and yeah the whole ep is awesome but watch this shit and I'll shut up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxhlJeuv6Q

The moment Frank turns up, gold. Hitting through season 4 right now anyway.

When they're coaching the kids in the basketball programme :lol:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The show definitely delivers me the most consistent roflcopter lawls out of any show on tv right now. Frank Reynold's character has really grown on me and now feels completely crucial to the show, I wasn't sure about it for the first few episodes he was in but hes definitely solidified into the equation now. I personally don't think the half hot half weird looking girl that plays sweet Dee would be funny if it wasn't for the writing. The writing style is so good and unique every character is critical the show at this point in my opinion. When I first started watching the first season I thought Charlie was the only one who would bring the hardcore lolz but now I see the big picture is greater than the sum of its parts.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I was just about to watch some episodes in a few minutes...ironic . I've missed about 2-3 episodes this season .

But yeah , It's Always Sunny is pretty fuckin' epic ( it's one of the last good shows on TV )

ive never found this show particularly funny. it just seems so overacted, but i think its mostly character-driven comedy so without any real connections or knowledge of the characters its just a bunch of people being constantly silly.

Guest Space Coyote

I've been enjoying this season a lot, particuarly the Philly playoffs episode and the one the clip in the original post comes from

I thought Frank was a bit annoying in the last episode with wrestling in it

i watch it, but i liked seasons one through three the best. seasons four and five have their moments but it seems like they're trying too hard a lot of the time.

the intervention episode is amazing.

I dunno, I would say yeah because Arrested Development had that really snarky kinda 'lets make it super fucking obvious that we just made a joke so nobody misses it' type of feel to it which sunny does not have.

Sunny has alot of subtlety, alot of really subtle body language and stuff, lots of really good sarcasm and the character involvement is awesome. I love how when they are arguing(which they do alot) or coming up with a plan it actually seems like they are really conversing and not just rehearsing lines from a script.

The show is basically about 5 people who have absolutely no morals and are the most horrible, deceiving, selfish people you could meet. They constantly come up with schemes (generally to screw other people over) for their own personal gain. The thing I really love is that they stick to their characters so well and every plan they make or stupid thing they do is very well justified in the context of the character so you hardly ever go "why the fuck did he just do that?" because you can almost always follow their skewed logic and you can see why someone who was that stupid might believe their plans would work.

It has a good mix of cultural subversiveness, envelope-pushing, awkward situations, schemes, (modernized) slapstick type of stuff (like charlie with the hornets nest), and really just has a very likeable and entertaining cast of characters who have really unique dynamics between them. They follow a very classic cartoon structure in their shows by always having everything fuck up in the end and they end up just like they were at the beginning so you don't need to watch it in order (although they do reference old episodes often). Also they like to break the group off into separate side-plots and they like to make different combinations of the characters for different eps so you always get unique situations.

I'll make a little short list here of a few of the schemes they get involved in so you have an idea of what the show is about:

- They plan to buy $10,000 worth of gas and hold it in the basement for 12 months and sell it when gas is more expensive

- They pretend to be handicapped so women will feel sorry for them and hit on them

- Charlie pretends he has cancer to get a girl to go out with him

- Charlie manipulates his friends into banging each other's moms

- Mac starts dating a tranny

- They find a baby in a dumpster and try to get it a tan so they can make money off it as a baby actor

- They smoke some crack so they can test positive for crack on a blood test and qualify for Social Insurance as drug addicts

- They run a sweat shop

- They try to fake their own deaths

- They go behind each others backs and bang girls they are seeing and shit like that

Anyways I could really ramble alot longer as some of you know but I will leave it at this: Watch at least one episode of this show if you aren't sure, its twenty minutes of your life at worst, but at best you might fall in love with the funniest show on tv.

Nice summary there THS ^ I just got into this show last season. I can't watch it live because we don't get FX, but I always watch it on hulu. I agree that this is probably one of the funniest shows on TV right now. Unfortunately I'm caught unable to watch the rest of season 3 until it comes on hulu, so I have a bit of a gap as far as the story line (not that it really matters). Like THS says, at least give it a chance

You should torrent it since its not available live in your area. I've torrented the full thing and once I work up some money over the xmas break I'll be buying the DVD box sets because they come with tons of sexy features.

Also they are releasing a 1.5 hour xmas special direct-to-dvd movie for sale nov 17th called A very sunny christmas. I'm totally buying that shit.

Catch up on this show man. Also Comedy Central picked up the show and is going to start doing re-runs of the older seasons so check that out if you have that channel (I'm in Canada so they are still doing re-runs of season 3 or 4 right now)

I fucking love how they wrote and shot the pilot on a budget of $100 and now they are famous and have a 5 season show signed until season 7. Its like my fucking dream come true, It must really be amazing to be those guys because working on a show like that must be the most fun a human can have.

I think the really funny part is that Charlie is actually married to the waitress in real life, and Patty's Pub is a real bar.

Season 2 I think?

I'm working my way through, on season 4 now. The episode where Dennis and Dee become crack addicts and try to go on welfare by being retarded, fucking lol

My fav episode is "Hundred Dollar Baby" where Sweet Dee and Charlie both become addicted to steroids and rage out.

obviously i need to see this one, which season/episode is it?

season 2 episode 5

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

HOLY FUCKING MEGA JESUS, the XMAS special 43 minute dvd special leaked a few hours ago....... had some amazingly epic lolz, I didnt realize it was made for dvd on tv when this craaazy scene with charley going knuts that I wont ruin, shit was soo crazy I thought I was losing my mind until I realized it wasnt meant for TV... CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY BITCHEZ

too much shows to watch this sunday night gotta get back to ninjavideo.net and get to work

Archived