IGNORED

New portishead song

jules

it's a pity they used to have the most amazing guitar and drum sounds. last album was shit too.

this sounded like some casio keyboard demo with weak as piss drums until the end. only good thing is beth doing the same old.

their recent silver apples/krautrock fixation seems to have evolved to a giorgio moroder/krautrock fixation (and it's a bit kraftwerky like another track on the last album). i like

So Amnesty's releasing music now?? Crazy.

Regarding the new Portishead, well... with the exception of the guitar I liked all the sounds. I even liked the way the drums were played kind of half-assedly and each sound was a little off from the rest. But the song itself seemed kind of substanceless. Aside from the sound aesthetic, it didn't sound like they put any thought into it. The lyrics could have been brilliant I guess, wasn't paying attention to that aspect. I did really like Third, even more than Dummy... but yeah this seemed a bit lazy. The guitar solo was silly.

Archived