IGNORED

Last.FM Radio Game

Capsaicin

There was already a thread on this, but it fell apart after two or three pages so I decided to make a new one.

The game is to tune into the last.fm radio of the user above you, listen to ~5 songs, and write a little bit about each of the songs. Once you have your short reviews all written out, add a link to your own radio and post it. The next person will use your link to repeat the process.

You can access your radio by clicking on the "Play Your Library" button underneath *your username*'s Library

Because I'm the OP, I'll go ahead and post my own radio:

http://www.last.fm/listen/user/IV_VV_IV_VV_VII/personal

ugg what's with the commercials they added??

Capsaicin

Ween - If you could save yourself

very dreamy.

Orbital - Dwr Budr

i love the orbital tracks with alison goldfrapp on them. she goes quite well with the orbital sound.

TRS-80 - Trap set

Cool stuff - love the drums in this.

WaGawAgA - xanthan gum rot

doesn't really interest me all that much tbh. but cool drums (i like the dubstep sirens too).

aphex twin - matchsticks

i know i must be on the wrong forum to say this but SAW II doesn't interest me when the tracks are separated - when i'm not listening to the album. track is quite creepy.

not a bad selection. infact "quite good"

i'm http://www.last.fm/listen/user/paullyboy8440/personal

Ill give it a go.

Apparat-Arcadia

Ive only heard one or two Apparat tracks and this is one of them. Very enjoyable and relaxing.(Pics were kinda disturbing though)

Cake-Frank Sinatra

This one not my bag really. Its kinda like Beck, which I like, but yerman's voice annoys me.

Erykah Badu-On & On

Hip-Hop which I never listen to, but I found myself really enjoying this track. Laid back with a nice voice.

Beastie Boys-B-Boys Makin' With The Freak Freak

Haha, yes. I am a fan of this stuff, havent listen to this in ages. I am glad to have heard this again.

Violent Femmes-Add It Up

Rock/Punk. Its good, heard of the band but never the band. This might be a band Ill pursue.

Nice selection of songs there, spanning genres which is good. I was hoping to heard a bit more electronic stuff but I suppose with only 5 tracks I probably didnt get too good an idea of your taste.

Here mine http://www.last.fm/listen/user/caileanmurphy/personal#pane=webRadioPlayer&station=%252Flisten%252Fuser%252Fcaileanmurphy%252Fpersonal

Chassis:

The Tuss - Alspacka

Classic. I love the drums that come in at the end.

Them Cooked Vultures - No One Loves Me & Neither Do I

I quite liked this one. Pretty rockin'

The Knife - Pass This On

The steel drum really didn't cut it for me. Neither did the vocals (they were actually kinda gross). The backing track was good, but it just wasn't good enough to make up for everything else.

Luke Vibert - ComfyCozy

This was the first track I really liked on Chicago, Detroit, Redruth. Although it doesn't change, I really dig the piano.

Simian Mobile Disco - LOVE

Definitely dance-y. I like it, but it's not really what I'd listen to normally.

Capsaicin:

Aphex Twin - Blur

Speaks for itself.

AFX - Lisbon Acid

lol again speaks for itself.

Shpongle - Outer Shpongolia

Not my cup of tea, a bit too cheesy for my taste.

Meat Beat Manifesto - Teargas

Sounds hella nice, too bad last.fm didn't have the full track.

Stars Of The Lid - Dungtitled (In A Major)

Nice ambienty track. I like this and will definitely look for more music by these guys.

Here's my radio.

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

Ten East – Where The Hunted Hide

Oh, cool. I very much like Stoner/Desert Rock. Didn’t know this band before, is that Brant Bjork in the pics?

All in all, it’s a bit shallow. And after listening to this, I have the feeling I know most of their songs. You recognise the typical song structure pretty quickly. I must say. This is probably why I don’t listen much to any average Stoner stuff.

Legowelt vs. Orgue Electronique – Pussy Noir

New to me. I like the album title »Wir Leben In Pussywelt«. Let me tag this with: Wanna-Be-Avant-Guarde-Trying-To-Be-Danceable-Electro

Bastian – Downers

Lol. Pretty funky at first, but ridiculous, once the »singing« starts. I like the chorus, though. So, cut the verse, distort that shit some more and it could work.

Georgia Anne Muldrow – Leroy

Nice, more of this. Will listen again.

Gang Gang Dance – 04

Haha, what? Lol, nice… I like it. You could definitely improve this, with a better beat. But I’m totally missing the point here, am I not?

Sage Francis – Crack Pipes

Sorta yay, nay. I dunno. Too deep?

Overall pretty listenable. I like this game, pointed me towards some nice stuff.

Now rip me

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Have You Ever Been?

pretty good i guess. Not really my thing though.

Big L - Street Struck

Big L was someone i meant to listen to more but gets overlooked by me for some reason - very much in my tastes though cuz I love 90's hip hop.

The Tuss - Shiz Ko E

This song carries the funk! Honestly don't remember RDJ being anymore funkier.

Massive Attack - Black Milk

Absolute classic / favorite in my book.

Guru - For You

Great! I've actually never checked out Guru w/o Premo. But this makes me want to look up his stuff. This song actually wouldn't shock me if it were produced by premier though?

Pretty good stuff! I especially like your taste in hip hop?

http://www.last.fm/listen/user/paullyboy8440/personal

The Postal Service - Brand New Colony

-I don't listen to too much of this sort of music (Postal Service, AC, Bright Eyes, etc.) but this is nice enough. I particularly adore the synths in this song, vocals are ok as well. At 2:18 I'm reminded of Aphex's 4. Actually that's the best part of the song :D God that's nice. Might have to get more of these guys.

NIN - Zero-Sum (Absorb Fish Remix)

-Very industrial, I like this a lot. Reminds me of 26 Mixes for Cash mixed in with some early BoC kinda. The groove here is amazing, the ethereal vocals are a great add-on here, albeit a little creepy lol. Gotta look into this more as well.

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow (Absorb Fish Remix)

-What's with Absorb Fish? Haha. I still don't like the vocals, but its loads better than the original. Reminds me of something that could be played in a chillout club or something. Nice enough, but I wouldn't listen to it again. D: The middle is nice, though. :D Seriously...who is Absorb Fish? Interesting cat, I'd love to hear his A Milli remix.

Apparat - Arcadia

I WAS LISTENING TO THIS THE OTHER DAY. I love me sum Apparat <3 This is a great song, really. How is his new LP "Things to Be Frickled"? Haven't got it yet. The ending of this song just gets me every time...

Vince Guaraldi Trio - My Little Drum

-Wow, wasn't expecting this, hehe. This is a great song too. The background rhythms really work here, I'm liking this one. Reminds me of when I was a wee lad ^_^ Very nostalgic.

Kid Cudi - Heart of A Lion (Kid Cudi Theme Music)

-Never heard a single Cudi song besides Day'n'Nite. This isn't so bad, though. I don't dig the chorus vocals, but I like the Final Countdown-esque synths. I wouldn't be surprised if it maybe sampled it? :D a little 8-bit stabs too! Running a bit long though....should have ended at 2:30, that would have been a great ending...never mind, I love that distorted bass ending more, wow.

http://www.last.fm/listen/user/doomaddicts/personal

Zomby - Euphoria

Almost like dubstep that was made in the early 90's. Simply okay, not a huge fan of dubstep, also really hate the V for Vendetta mask the guy is wearing, there are way too many artists that wear that mask

RJD2 - The Horror

I've listened to RJD2 before and find this to be one of his better songs. All his old stuff was great until he went in his 'new' direction, although it still sounds like a lame Moby imitation

Daft Punk - Oh Yeah

Some kind of strange dubstep remix that hasn't been tagged properly. Just sounds like random noise, not enjoyable in the least

Dr. Octagon - Real Raw

"abstract hip-hop" about action figures, michael jackson, frankenstein, etc. Don't enjoy rap, wouldn't listen to it again although I can see how people can enjoy it

Luke Vibert - Funky Acid Stuff

I enjoy Luke Vibert but there's just not enough acid in this song. The best one I've heard so far though

MF DOOM - Gas Drawls

More hip-hop, yeah...

Here's mine:

http://www.last.fm/listen/user/skrode/personal

Seriously...who is Absorb Fish? Interesting cat, I'd love to hear his A Milli remix.

Apparat - Arcadia

How is his new LP "Things to Be Frickled"?

haha absorb fish is actually me. I was on a bootleg remixes kick and uploaded some of them onto Last.fm

A Milli remix is disguised as "Dem Goon Rules" for my Project 168 ep...

http://www.project168.co.uk/music/project168004/absorb_fish/03_dem_goon_rules.mp3

As for Apparat, i haven't checked out much of his music except for Arcadia actually. I really love that song though. I heard it on Sasha's Involver 2 mix. I've gotta check that new album too.

Archived